ID this high budget abandoned race boat

Greyhound37

Super Anarchist
Annapolis
Looks like an outstanding ocean momentum boat. She has been on the hard for years. Anyone know the story? 

raider.jpg

rennmisc42.JPG

T sailor

Chesapeake
That is a custom S&S 47.  Started life on LIS as Harrier.  It was an IMS C/R design from the mid 90’s.  I have always admired it.  Shame to see it rotting away like that.  

Maybe the last race yacht that S&S designed??  A Bill Langan IMS concept and pretty innovative for its time.   

Not abandoned.  The owner just not interested in selling or sailing. 

I have logged 1,000's of miles on this yacht; a few Bermuda Races, many Block Island / Vineyard Races, Halifax Races, Key West Race, a few Key West Race Weeks and Caribbean regattas.

Sail4beer

Super Anarchist
Toms River,NJ
Nope. Just on the hard. That’s the way it is with boat storage sometimes. Went to check on my 40 footer today. Not sure that I’ll launch with the Covid this year.

Jeff F

Great Lakes
Sitting on shore for a lot of years uncovered with the rig up is approaching abandonment.  I remember seeing that boat in it's heydey.  Too bad it's not out sailing still.

Being a S&S IMS design hot and cold pressure water,  totally inclosed head with door, nice births, nice big old school nav desk / station, ,table, door to the for peek births, swept back spreaders and a working perm backstay, with runners and checks for fun. big - is you got 12 friends who want to race and a pole no sprit. nice boat some of the above may be missing as most places are ORR now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
Being a S&S IMS design hot and cold pressure water,  totally inclosed head with door, nice births, nice big old school nav desk / station, ,table, door to the for peek births, swept back spreaders and a working perm backstay, with runners and checks for fun. big - is you got 12 friends who want to race and a pole no sprit. nice boat some of the above may be missing as most places are ORR now.
I’m sure it was autocorrect so not poking fun at you but I love the Freudian mis-spelling bolded above.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Sitting on shore for a lot of years uncovered with the rig up is approaching abandonment.  I remember seeing that boat in it's heydey.  Too bad it's not out sailing still.

THIS!!  He should at least take the rig down and cover everything.  The cost to do that is less than the refurbish, when it's all been out in the weather for a few years..

Greyhound37

Super Anarchist
Annapolis
Maybe the last race yacht that S&S designed??  A Bill Langan IMS concept and pretty innovative for its time.   

Not abandoned.  The owner just not interested in selling or sailing. 

I have logged 1,000's of miles on this yacht; a few Bermuda Races, many Block Island / Vineyard Races, Halifax Races, Key West Race, a few Key West Race Weeks and Caribbean regattas.
That is very sad to see a vintage capable race horse tied to a tree going to hell. How long has she been in storage? 5 years?