ID this PHRF low budget ride

Greyhound37

Super Anarchist
Annapolis
looks like a Kirby profile. trailer is in nice shape. little bubble bath and off you go

bottom is awesome

26 Kirby.jpg

Greyhound37

Super Anarchist
Annapolis
not sure on the running backs. looks much smaller than 30, 25 is about right. Hot looking boat with a very flat bottom and wide aft for the older design

magic1637

Looks a little bigger than what i had but the windows, hull and transom look just like a Mystic Mini Ton (Kirby 21) i used to own

Snow Guy

Anarchist
The Cove, CT
They're basically a scaled down version of a Schock 35.  They do well in PHRF, but you need weight on the rail in over 10 knots of breeze.  It is very tender upwind in a blow.  Balances out around the course for a decent rating of 163 in LIS.

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Doubt it's a K25.  Transom too raked and trailing edge of K25 keel is swept aft a bit - this one is swept forward like on a W24. 

Too much crown on the cabin top to be a K25 as well. Rudder certainly looks more like one from a W24 and W24 had a double spreader rig.

My best guess is a Wavelength 24 even though the cabin looks a little short. 

But I think it was already established by Greyhound37 that it is a W24.

Below are the two from Sailboatdata for comparison:

K25.gif

W24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ordkhntr

Oregon
Wavelength 24 it is! You are correct. PHRF of 160 ish she should be a scooter off the wind in a breeze.
I used to race even against them in an Olson 25. If the wind was above 10-12kts we would routinely beat them. Any more than 10-12 and they would have to reduce sail. We could still carry our 155 genny. 

CriticalPath

Anarchist
BofQ
It's a Wavelength 24.  Great boat, I owned #43 from 1988 to 1992.

Schock redesigned the WL24's deck in/around 2005 - cockpit was 20" longer and much more user-friendly.  Only a few built (and I seem to recall three of them were owned by a woman from Ohio?) so doesn't look like what most people remember.

WDS-Wavelength24-New-1.jpg

WDS-Wavelength24-New-2.jpg

They're basically a scaled down version of a Schock 35.  They do well in PHRF, but you need weight on the rail in over 10 knots of breeze.  It is very tender upwind in a blow.  Balances out around the course for a decent rating of 163 in LIS.
You're smokin' stuff SG.  Schock 35 was a Schock/Turner redesign of Shad Turner's original Santana 35.

Wavelength 24 and 30 were MORC designs by Paul Lindenberg, Schock happened to build them, but the boats have no design lineage...

Cheers!

dolphinmaster

Super Anarchist
Chapel Hill, NC
It's a Wavelength 24.  Great boat, I owned #43 from 1988 to 1992.

Schock redesigned the WL24's deck in/around 2005 - cockpit was 20" longer and much more user-friendly.  Only a few built (and I seem to recall three of them were owned by a woman from Ohio?) so doesn't look like what most people remember.

WDS-Wavelength24-New-1.jpg

WDS-Wavelength24-New-2.jpg

You're smokin' stuff SG.  Schock 35 was a Schock/Turner redesign of Shad Turner's original Santana 35.

Wavelength 24 and 30 were MORC designs by Paul Lindenberg, Schock happened to build them, but the boats have no design lineage...

Cheers!
As I recall, Paul built them but like the L22, the lines were originally  by Bruce Kelly.

Greyhound37

Super Anarchist
Annapolis
A few boats down from the Wavelength 24 is this beauty. The Wavelength is pretty healthy just needs a bubble bath but this one is beat.

Who can identify this one?

28 who knows 1.jpg

28 who knows 2.jpg

28 who knows 3.jpg

CriticalPath

Anarchist
BofQ
A few boats down from the Wavelength 24 is this beauty. The Wavelength is pretty healthy just needs a bubble bath but this one is beat.

Who can identify this one?

View attachment 374911

View attachment 374912

View attachment 374913
Mariah or G&S 27 Custom, a few built by Lindsay, a few by others I can't recall.  A formidable MORC design in the mid-to-late 80s, a development of the S2 7.9SE program (Little Feat).  Pigs At Sea, Lizzie B, and Insatiable come to mind...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: