If I was gonna do a coup...

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/563238-if-i-was-going-to-do-a-coup-becomes-viral-punchline-after-latest-trump?fbclid=IwAR1dNsVTtAwVpSF4EU_esmnuvqZzDgHXHUVli6B_FkHlwmLn_G6nEhyr0D4

But...Here's the THING:

That Special Forces insignia on the General's shoulder... it DOESN'T (just) mean that he's a bad-ass (although he no doubt is) it ALSO means..."unconventional warfare doctrine" - as in:  Doing COUPS !   If there was a guy in his orbit that DID know how those things work,  it was him - and he understood both how terrible a thing it was that they were imagining, AND what a total clown-show the Trumpsters were.

Fuck.

If that fat orange bastard isn't hung out to dry in Federal Prison we WILL see the likes of this again.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
If TFG was gonna do a coup he would have called for his supporters to march down to the Capitol and run interference upon the Electoral process, he would have lead the way after all he did say he would be marching with them, oh wait, never mind........

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
There is a book on the mechanics of a coup, Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook by Edward Luttwak.

https://www.amazon.com/Coup-dÉtat-Practical-Edward-Luttwak/dp/0674175476

https://mirror.explodie.org/108765924-Luttwak-1969-Coup-d-Etat.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Luttwak

Luttwak is kind of right wing (duh) and a Trumper in his later years. He's extremely self assured like most neocons but often completely wrong. No, really utterly bonkersly, you couldn't be wronger, wrong. But generally Coup d'État and The Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire from the First Century AD to the Third are well thought of. The gods do not always grant the gift of writing to the deserving, and Luttwak has the gift of writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

gptyk

Anarchist
California
If that fat orange bastard isn't hung out to dry in Federal Prison we WILL see the likes of this again.
It's not just TFG. It's everywhere. Hong Kong residents are really enjoying their reeducation programs. (The current "This American Life" has a pretty good segment on this) It will  happen again, and it won't be with a bunch of shitheads that have 70 IQs (including TFG). It'll be planned out with "the right" military leaders, political bullshit, and a ton of faux news feeding the flames. And it'll work, if the players are halfway intelligent (What Olsonist was referring to). It's so obvious the road to this is being laid right now.  Unless something changes, there will be a successful coup/one party rule in the U.S. in the somewhat near future. 

Example: Nearly 50% of the US voters are demonstrably fascists (and abject fucking morons to boot, but that doesn't matter when they're wearing the jackboots and standing on your neck. If only Covid was a tad bit more deadly to kill a few more of em....) 

Example: Look at what we've found out about the police in the last 5 years. Sheesh, they'll PIT a preggers chick and flip her car for "Not respecting my authority!" Shooting black dudes is merely par for the course. They're loving every moment of lacing on the jackboots. 

Example: The fascist party is quite successfully getting voting suppression laws passed in many states. The result of which, is of course, to elect more fukkin fascists. They've got some nice boots just waiting in their Amazon cart.

The U.S. is, unfortunately IMHO, doomed. The planet will follow.  It'll be a neat place to be in about 1000 years unless it's all radioactive slag, but I/you/we won't see it. And it's pretty likely humanity won't survive. Go dolphins! 

The fact that anybody can try to downplay Jan 6th is shocking to me. And lotsa folks buy it. It is arguable that it have been better for the light of truth if the seditionists would have got ahold of Pence and off'd him on network TV. Either that would of shocked the nation into understanding what this was, or they would have been cheering for more.

IMHO, they would have cheered for more. Donny DoubleWide would want to watch a mob stringing Pelosi up so the entertainment would continue. Ya gotta fukkin own those libs, yaknow.

Pessimism Thursday. Sorry for being a DebbieDowner. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Sorry for being a DebbieDowner. 
One way to be certain that the fascists win . .  

it to give up. 

image.jpeg

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Example: The fascist party is quite successfully getting voting suppression laws passed in many states. The result of which, is of course, to elect more fukkin fascists. They've got some nice boots just waiting in their Amazon cart.
Sportsman Guide has a selection including some used Finnish surplus for $75 if you're a Buyer's Club member.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
It's not just TFG. It's everywhere. Hong Kong residents are really enjoying their reeducation programs. (The current "This American Life" has a pretty good segment on this) It will  happen again, and it won't be with a bunch of shitheads that have 70 IQs (including TFG). It'll be planned out with "the right" military leaders, political bullshit, and a ton of faux news feeding the flames. And it'll work, if the players are halfway intelligent (What Olsonist was referring to). It's so obvious the road to this is being laid right now.  Unless something changes, there will be a successful coup/one party rule in the U.S. in the somewhat near future. 

Example: Nearly 50% of the US voters are demonstrably fascists (and abject fucking morons to boot, but that doesn't matter when they're wearing the jackboots and standing on your neck. If only Covid was a tad bit more deadly to kill a few more of em....) 

Example: Look at what we've found out about the police in the last 5 years. Sheesh, they'll PIT a preggers chick and flip her car for "Not respecting my authority!" Shooting black dudes is merely par for the course. They're loving every moment of lacing on the jackboots. 

The U.S. is, unfortunately IMHO, doomed. The planet will follow.  It'll be a neat place to be in about 1000 years unless it's all radioactive slag, but I/you/we won't see it. And it's pretty likely humanity won't survive. Go dolphins! 

The fact that anybody can try to downplay Jan 6th is shocking to me. And lotsa folks buy it. It is arguable that it have been better for the light of truth if the seditionists would have got ahold of Pence and off'd him on network TV. Either that would of shocked the nation into understanding what this was, or they would have been cheering for more.

IMHO, they would have cheered for more. Donny DoubleWide would want to watch a mob stringing Pelosi up so the entertainment would continue. Ya gotta fukkin own those libs, yaknow.

Pessimism Thursday. Sorry for being a DebbieDowner. 
That's wishful thinking.  The Dolphins are still mostly bottom of the barrel of NFL teams since Dan Marino left.  I'm a yuge Dolphins fan too, having grown up there.  But I don't see them getting very good anytime soon.

On a serious note, there's a few things I want to address in your post.  

1. I've been saying that we lucked out having someone who truly is such an idiot that his lack of filter pretty much always telegraphs what he's thinking.  2016-2020 could have been ugly had someone more cunning and astute and could keep his/her mouth shut were in office.
  2. Don't assume that 50% of the Country are fascists or are morons.  That's a massive generalization and one that will get us in trouble if we discount them like this.  I don't not believe all or even most of those 74M that voted trump again in 2020 are morains.  Some certainly are, but not most.  For one reason or the other, they have hitched their wagons to him for a variety of reasons.  Some with alternate agendas, some out of just lack of buy-in for what the dems are offering and they see no other path.  
  3. I think the use of the term "fascist" to describe the other 50% of American citizens is not only totally inaccurate - but pushing that narrative and labeling them as such will likely only backfire more.  
  4. There's more, but that's enough for now.  

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
If Trump had actually walked with the crowd to the capitol building, Pence, Pelosi, Schumer and probably a few others would have been murdered by the mob. The coup may have been successful, subject to how the military subsequently acted.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
If Trump had actually walked with the crowd to the capitol building, Pence, Pelosi, Schumer and probably a few others would have been murdered by the mob. The coup may have been successful, subject to how the military subsequently acted.
The military would definitely not have allowed that.  

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
They weren't there when it mattered.
It does appear there were a few treasonous Trumpers running interference on any military involvement until the coup was complete.

Hopefully they are all answerable before the GOP completely rewrites the event and its history into an inconsequential nothingberder. 

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
It's an historical fact that the military allowed what happened to happen under orders from Shitstain.

1. On Jan 3rd, Shitstain orders SecDef Miller to "do whatever was necessary to protect the demonstrators" on Jan 6th.
  2. On Jan 4th, the SecDef issued orders which prohibited deploying DC Guard members with weapons, helmets, body armor or riot control agents without his personal approval.
  3. On Jan 5th, the Commander of the DC Guard received new orders saying he must seek approval from the Secretary of the Army and the SecDef before preparing to respond to a civil disturbance.
  4. On Jan 6th, the crowd started showing up at the Capitol at 12:30.
  5. On Jan 6th, the Sergeants at Arms first requested the DC Guard at 12:58 PM.
  6. The DC Guard was requested 12 times during the riot.
  7. The request for the DC Guard was finally approved at 4:32. The first assets show up at 5:20.
  8.  Lt. Gen. Charles A. Flynn was involved in the slow walk despite the Army lying about it for two weeks.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics/jan-6-insurrection-guard-fbi/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2021_United_States_Capitol_attack

America lucked out on January 6th. It wasn't because the military stood down a coup attempt when they could have. It was because some brave Capitol and FPS officers held their ground.

image.png