If you had one week to visit SF to watch the AC

MauganTornado

Super Anarchist
Which week would you go?

Latest calendar that I can tell is here: http://cdn.sparkart.net/americascup/content/documents/AC_Schedule_JUL4-SEP2013_V6.pdf

If that's the schedule of events, what week would you show up and watch to maximize the following factors:

1) Most consequential races (I don't want to watch races that don't matter)

2) Smallest crowds (Need to find places to park the H1)

3) Some downtime to visit family in area (required prerequisite for disbursement of travel funds from the War Department)

lazybone

Super Anarchist
Depends on which team you like. If its team NZ go to the early in the LV series when your sure to see them still sailing.

Which week would you go?

Latest calendar that I can tell is here: http://cdn.sparkart....-SEP2013_V6.pdf

If that's the schedule of events, what week would you show up and watch to maximize the following factors:

3) Some downtime to visit family in area (required prerequisite for disbursement of travel funds from the War Department)
Don't set your start date after September 12th, which is the day Race 7 is scheduled to be run. Probably won't be the final day but stranger things have happened. I'm guessing 11-12 days of racing. Can you schedule your family time around the race schedule? Forget about parking the H1 near the race venue. Take a bus or a cab. If you have a bike (and a good lock) you'll wish you had it with you. It's 2.5 miles from Marina Green to Pier 27/29.

MauganTornado

Super Anarchist
Which week would you go?

Latest calendar that I can tell is here: http://cdn.sparkart....-SEP2013_V6.pdf

Don't set your start date after September 12th, which is the day Race 7 is scheduled to be run. Probably won't be the final day but stranger things have happened. I'm guessing 11-12 days of racing. Can you schedule your family time around the race schedule? Forget about parking the H1 near the race venue. Take a bus or a cab. If you have a bike (and a good lock) you'll wish you had it with you. It's 2.5 miles from Marina Green to Pier 27/29.
Thanks - this is very helpful.

"My Team" is Oracle so the schedule is pretty safe from that perspective.

I was thinking about the opening weekend of the Finals and yeah - I can schedule the family time around the race schedule. Hell one of my family members might be covering the race as a reporter for KGO - we'll see.

nav

Super Anarchist
Oracle is almost bound to do some sort of DSS to make use of the track and facilities during the LVC, they have enough crew for 2 of their 72s at once.

But still obviously the AC will be the go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts