If you had to choose....

atoyot

Super Anarchist
Dela-where?
Another candidate has come up, a Sumner Islands 15.  I only found one review of it (sailnet) which says it doesn't point worth shit. Well, after a Harpoon with NACA foils, that might be a tough act to follow with anything less than a racing sled anyway. 

Thoughts on the Islands 15?

allweather

baltic
Consider if I were a typical 14-year-old; that would be the safe limit if I were to follow orders in this scenario.
We've stepped 420 masts with 15-16 singlehanded but were also quite fit race sailors. The recent kids coming from Opti certainly could not reliably manage. So I reckon not a lot of weight at all.

Since you said lifting the mast overhead(quite intense for stablizing back muscles) is the major limitation, how about instead opting for a method of raising the mast that doesn't require direct lifting at all?

Getting a pulley set up to raise it instead like on the smaller keel boats? A little boat specific preparation and raising as well as lowering is a two minute affair with little fanfare. Does require a boat where the centerboard isn't in the way though.

Rbrower

The easiest boat I have ever rigged is a Hobie Bravo- 12 feet.  No stays, the boat has a permanent A Frame for stepping the mast.  The mast, masthead float and sail together weigh 28 pounds.  But you aren't lifting 28 pounds, maybe half that.  Roller reefing boomless main.  It's a ridiculously easy boat to sail and rig.  Its slow compared to other beach cats, but I have had mine into the 10 knot range, so not a total slug.
Agree with the Bravo being easy to rig.  I know about one in Southern New Jersey that will be for sale fairly soon.

atoyot

Super Anarchist
Dela-where?
Juan more for the identification's sake - look familiar to anyone?    The aluminum trailer is certainly nice enough. 

The lines are shit and it needs some clean-up, but it's within what I can put back into the hobby these days. Blocks and lines I can upgrade easily enough.

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/boa/d/sherwood-sailboat/7368522287.html

00000_29mpY6KusZLz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

received_801544427185462[1].jpeg

received_4323946657674170[1].jpeg

received_936770203545893[1].jpeg