If You Love dogs......

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Cats & Dogs.jpg

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
On 10/31/2018 at 12:33 AM, Point Break said:

Damn these are good films.  I’m breaking up watching these.  Watching how dogs transform people in tough situations continually amazes me.

We have:

D.D - sweet, brave Yellow Lab. She’s big, bright and great company.

Snoopy:  wild pup.  White curly hair mix. Super athletic and a charmer.

Kalohe:  Hawaiin Poi mix, born/raised outback on Big Island.  Simply brilliant dog.  She is a very brave Alpha Female.  Hunts & knows how to take care of the rest.

Poppy:   Chihuahua who had her first babies past winter.  Charmer, works the room like only these little ones can.

Kitty:  Blue Siamese.   Nursed by two of the girls from early age - she’s a pack member with a definite place in the order. Great cat.

Did I say I like dogs?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
By the way there is a belief in Mongolia that in the steps of reincarnation, the next step from dog is a man.
Seems like it should be the other way around...
My father always said he wanted to be reincarnated as one of my dogs.

It looks like a pretty good life but not always great. Yesterday I caused a tremendous thunderstorm. You should have seen the look Libby gave me afterwards.

crankcall

Super Anarchist
Toronto
must be an Italian Boxer, doing cement work.

We have  a boxer/Carolina dingo cross we adopted from Georgia just after Trump was elected, she needed out. May be the best dog we have ever had. I'd never heard of Carolina dingo till we got her.  Adopt a dog , its free... except for the $1,200 to fly her to Canada. 

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
buried the last two in the backyard this past year...    not sure if i'll ever get another one
Its hard losing em. Three dogs ago, I had to put down #4 - Spinnaker was her name. I SWORE I would never get another, it was just too painful. A couple weeks later big rainstorm and I hear a noise at the front door. I open it and there is a boxer puppy - I guessed 6 months - wet cold and shivering. I brought her in, dried her off, gave some warm blankets and next day went to vet looking for a chip. None. She looked up at me at the vets and I looked down at her.......that was it, #5 was home.....named her Genoa.....called her "Jenny". Jenny is the one in the picture above. 13 years together and my absolute favorite of all of them.

You never know............

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
German Shepherds have become the milestones of my life. 

The only thing that could possibly be worse than losing them, would not to have them in my life at all.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Its hard losing em. Three dogs ago, I had to put down #4 - Spinnaker was her name. I SWORE I would never get another, it was just too painful. A couple weeks later big rainstorm and I hear a noise at the front door. I open it and there is a boxer puppy - I guessed 6 months - wet cold and shivering. I brought her in, dried her off, gave some warm blankets and next day went to vet looking for a chip. None. She looked up at me at the vets and I looked down at her.......that was it, #5 was home.....named her Genoa.....called her "Jenny". Jenny is the one in the picture above. 13 years together and my absolute favorite of all of them.

You never know............
it's not that I don't want another one, there are reasons and I will probably only discuss them after at least 1/2 bottle of good scotch..

right now the only way I end up with a dog is under the circumstances you describe..  the dog chooses me, not me choosing a dog..

though I'm tempted to steal the puppy from next door

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Jenny!  I have a friend who named his dog Tiller,   another who named his dog pallet , where he found him 

family had  Peanuts @ Becky   60's

I've had  Beowulf,  Gracie,  Sirius, & Red..
Beowulf...........great big dog name........you'd be proud to shout out that one! "Beowulf Come!"

Almost got a second boxer this time around.........Mrs PB had picked out a white boxer.....the name was going to be Paloma. Didn't work out.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
the story behind that one...   in Jr english in HS,  studying  the poem.  I'm thinking   Beowulf... that's a dogs name and decided if I ever get a male dog, that would be his name..

great Akita,  small for the breed, 80lb male   
Mine were Baron (big male), Aragorn who we called "Strider" (some of you will get the homage), Elsa, Spinnaker, Genoa, and now Koa.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Mine were Baron (big male), Aragorn who we called "Strider" (some of you will get the homage), Elsa, Spinnaker, Genoa, and now Koa.
Now Red was an interesting dog,  we think he was a boxer / mastiff,  105+ lbs,  wife, picked him off the street in south dallas... someone clipped his ears to make him look like a pit..   body way to big to be one..    i saw one day, from a sitting position, jump over a 4 foot wall ...    I named him Red after a friends dog, not because he was that color, people couldn't understand that...   

the akita is an interesting breed,  they are really an aloof type dog..      one day we were watching tv on different couches,  he got out of his, walked over to me, with his face in mine,  burped, and walked away...     that little shit..