If You Love dogs......

IStream

Super Anarchist
Now Red was an interesting dog,  we think he was a boxer / mastiff,  105+ lbs,  wife, picked him off the street in south dallas... someone clipped his ears to make him look like a pit..   body way to big to be one..    i saw one day, from a sitting position, jump over a 4 foot wall ...    I named him Red after a friends dog, not because he was that color, people couldn't understand that...   

the akita is an interesting breed,  they are really an aloof type dog..      one day we were watching tv on different couches,  he got out of his, walked over to me, with his face in mine,  burped, and walked away...     that little shit..
We had an Akita bitch when I was in high school. She was magnificent but, as you said, a bit aloof. You do not want to get on the wrong side of an Akita. She tore open a neighbor's dog for no apparent reason one day and acted like she'd done us a favor. 

Trovão

Super Anarchist
Bambina - a small and smart street dog, the smartest we had 

Jeannie - an australian (black and white) border collie

Baio - Jeannie's son with a white and yellow boarder collie; resembled his father, one of the most beautiful dogs we ever had

Mitso - ayellow/beige akita

Kobe - Mitso's offspring; THE most beautiful dog we ever had, the size of a big rothweiller.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
German Shepherds have become the milestones of my life. 

The only thing that could possibly be worse than losing them, would not to have them in my life at all.  
I adopted a German Shepard for my daughter.  She must have a runaway from a breeder because she was clearly a pure bread.  Named her Olive Oil because she was so thin. My daughter took her to college when she moved off campus.  Olive new her one job was to protect my daughter and she did.  Great dogs.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
We had an Akita bitch when I was in high school. She was magnificent but, as you said, a bit aloof. You do not want to get on the wrong side of an Akita. She tore open a neighbor's dog for no apparent reason one day and acted like she'd done us a favor. 

ran into a dog trainer one day,  she said it takes a strong , special person to own a female akita..  they were harder to deal with than the males she said.. 

one note,  supposedly, akita's were bred in japan to hunt bear   ..   also the move Haichi  is about an akita..  if you would like a good cry

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Bambina - a small and smart street dog, the smartest we had 

Jeannie - an australian (black and white) border collie

Baio - Jeannie's son with a white and yellow boarder collie; resembled his father, one of the most beautiful dogs we ever had

Mitso - ayellow/beige akita

Kobe - Mitso's offspring; THE most beautiful dog we ever had, the size of a big rothweiller.
can you post a pic of Kobe, would love to see it...          in the dog show world,  akita's get no respect

btw if you thinking about getting an akita,  they're a dual coat dog,  you'll have enough fur over the year to build two more...    he's been gone for 15 years and I still find his hair every now and then..

Trovão

Super Anarchist
can you post a pic of Kobe, would love to see it...          in the dog show world,  akita's get no respect

btw if you thinking about getting an akita,  they're a dual coat dog,  you'll have enough fur over the year to build two more...    he's been gone for 15 years and I still find his hair every now and then..
I'll give it a try but it was a long time ago, way before digital cameras so, no promises, ok?

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
I adopted a German Shepard for my daughter.  She must have a runaway from a breeder because she was clearly a pure bread.  Named her Olive Oil because she was so thin. My daughter took her to college when she moved off campus.  Olive new her one job was to protect my daughter and she did.  Great dogs.
Amazing dogs. My two goofballs sensed that my wife was fearful, slid opened a sliding door (never done it before), and pelted through the house in time to interrupt a push-in robbery with their impression of 200 pounds of Cujo. 

Last edited by a moderator:

IStream

Super Anarchist
Amazing dogs. My two goofballs sensed that my wife was fearful, slid opened a sliding door (never done it before), and pelted through the house in time to interrupt a push-in robbery with their impression of 200 pounds of Cujo. 
Love it. Was there anything left of the robbers?

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Some dogs are the best people I ever met....

Aldo, our current garbage disposal unit, is one too.... He's just different from other dogs that have been in my life. Aldo believes that my wife is god, when she's home.... And that I'm god when she's away.... That causes some issues when we're both home.

When push comes to shove, he finally obeys me, but he looks to her for approval.

Thank god he's also the smallest, fattest, laziest dog that ever owned me.

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
Love it. Was there anything left of the robbers?
Nope. Dogs threw themselves between my wife and the dude, but were mostly confined by the narrow hallway. The vato jerked his leg out of the door, yelling "BIG Dogs!" to his buddies. The wife seized the opportunity to slam the door shut.   

Cops couldn't find the gang.  The dogs got steak that night and went back to play-fighting in the backyard. 

Dorado

Super Anarchist
My new cat is earning a five figure annual income making toilet paper and air freshener commercials.

Fuckin' A. I had no idea.

Good  boy, have some sushi. 

IMG_0139.jpg

IStream

Super Anarchist
Nope. Dogs threw themselves between my wife and the dude, but were mostly confined by the narrow hallway. The vato jerked his leg out of the door, yelling "BIG Dogs!" to his buddies. The wife seized the opportunity to slam the door shut.   

Cops couldn't find the gang.  The dogs got steak that night and went back to play-fighting in the backyard. 
Glad it turned out well but it would've been nice if they'd gotten a piece of the guy. Next time.

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
We've been in love with Aussie Shepherds since we were given a purebred pup back about 1983. We're on our third now and prolly the last puppy.

Hooky, a blue merle pup...

enhance

and adult. She lived to the age of 17.

enhance

Next a black tri named Barley, a good dog but very talkative, sadly he only went 10 years...

enhance

and finally, another blue named Abby, who is perfect...

enhance

Just figured this thread needed a few more pix.

Happy

Super Anarchist
Tropical Oz
Current love is Sheba, a Ridgeback/Belgian Shepherd cross with a bit of Rottie on the mother's side. Ridgeback colouring, Rottie chest and girth, Shepherd brains and nose.

She's fiercely protective, will tackle anything from  snakes to a wild pig. (The pig escaped, the snakes all die.) Her favourite daytime spot is next to my 96-year-old MIL. Treats aplenty.