If You Love dogs......

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
a9qpnoZ_460swp.webp

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Had two Newfoundland/Chow cross named Stuart and Anderson. Stuart was my wife's dog, till he started getting into ours and our neighbors chicken coops. Anderson went with me everywhere including swimming 1/2 mile offshore when I was wind surfing. So I'd bring my toddler boys along, to eat snacks and play on the beach, while Stuart would stay on the beach to watch over them. About 15 years later we inherited a Newfoundland named Maverick from my youngest daughter, who inherited him from her MIL. Maverick lived another seven years here on the old homestead.

Andy.jpg

Last edited:

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Went Halibut fishing with a couple old work mates and friends this summer. Returning to Neah Bay from 24 miles off the Washington Coast, my wife sent me this picture of our dogs Foxy a Chinese Crested and Pud - a Staffordshire Terrier waiting, and looking up the driveway to the road, waiting for me to return, which wasn't till after midnight.

dogs waiting for dad 2.JPG

130lights

Super Anarchist
Lake Michigan
Had two Newfoundland/Chow cross named Stuart and Anderson. Stuart was my wife's dog, till he started getting into ours and our neighbors chicken coops. Anderson went with me everywhere including swimming 1/2 mile offshore when I was wind surfing. So I'd bring my toddler boys along, to eat snacks and play on the beach, while Stuart would stay on the beach to watch over them. About 15 years later we inherited a Newfoundland named Maverick from my youngest daughter, who inherited him from her MIL. Maverick lived another seven years here on the old homestead.

View attachment 558675
What a beautiful dog! A neighbor has a gorgeous Newfie, Scotty, that I love seeing on their daily walks. Such a gentle sweet dog. I just want to hug him .

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
What a beautiful dog! A neighbor has a gorgeous Newfie, Scotty, that I love seeing on their daily walks. Such a gentle sweet dog. I just want to hug him .
Yes quite gentle sweet breed that are fiercely and steadfastly loyal. Andy would swim a 1/2 mile offshore when I windsurfed. Gentle, yet would stand his ground to protect his family or our other dogs. Maverick was the same, gentle and would on the hill in the upper pasture, under a big fir tree, and watch over the sheep, in the pastures below him - not a herding dog or sheep dog, yet would protect the flock. The sheep knew he was watching over them, because normally sheep don't like dogs or any others then goats, hanging around their pasture. Sheep can ram and head butt any animal or human they don't like, at their pleasure.