Il Mostro in the Mac

Wcyr07

it's about time for someone to beat windquest...

Il Mostro is a tricky animal like a lot of the Misfit Toys, she will only beat the well sailed Windquest if she has the right crew.
They must be signing on at least 2 or 3 past volvo crew.... at the very least simply for boat handling and canting. It's going to be a bitch to sail I'm sure. Plus they must be using offshore sails....Unless they make a whole new lake set as part of the deal. If they don't those extra thick sails will make the inevitable 100 sail changes hell. GL 70 sails are heavy enough...VOR southern ocean-proof sails must be downright ridiculous

Who actually knows the names of the guys chartering it?

@last

Anarchist
So who is putting the program together and bringing her to the Lakes? Who are the "well knowns" that will be sailing her while here (as mentioned on the Front Page)?
My guess/thought on the "well knowns" might be Brad Read (Ken's brother) and Jerry Kirby but that is just a guess.

airacer

Windquest has been beat before.

Who's is it. Need to go to Chicago and beg and plead for a chance to try out for a spot!

Wcyr07

Windquest has been beat before.

Who's is it. Need to go to Chicago and beg and plead for a chance to try out for a spot!
Yeah by Beau Geste in 2010, but I want to see it blow 30 from the southwest and watch them go for a record. Sad part is with a lot of wind no one would see them for long after the start..

quezal

chicago
So who is putting the program together and bringing her to the Lakes? Who are the "well knowns" that will be sailing her while here (as mentioned on the Front Page)?
My guess/thought on the "well knowns" might be Brad Read (Ken's brother) and Jerry Kirby but that is just a guess.
I was guessing that too, but thought of some sort of confirmation.

jerry kirby is on board and a number of others tba .

BGeff

Super Anarchist
Ann Arbor, MI

Kewl!
cool.gif

Matt B

Super Anarchist
Was your guess based on the front page where it said that Brad and Jerry would be part of the crew?

BGeff

Super Anarchist
Ann Arbor, MI
Was your guess based on the front page where it said that Brad and Jerry would be part of the crew?
You got it.

If Kirby is on bow, likely Left Hook will be moved to the mast.