Il Mostro no longer on the Great Lakes??

HuronBouy

Anarchist
Canada
Mistakenly posted this on CA 

Anybody know what the scoop is ?

Owner has entered a new to him 105 footer with a fireplace, one extreme to the other. 

1sailor

Super Anarchist
Thought you were nuts so I went to the CYC race to mackinac page...    Indeed I see a king 104' called Whitehawk registered in Peter's name.

The VO70 Il Mostro is in building #3 at eldean's in Holland last I checked (this winter), hadn't heard anything until your post above, very interesting.  The new boat looks like a really nice way to go to the island.

HuronBouy

Anarchist
Canada
Thought you were nuts so I went to the CYC race to mackinac page...    Indeed I see a king 104' called Whitehawk registered in Peter's name.

The VO70 Il Mostro is in building #3 at eldean's in Holland last I checked (this winter), hadn't heard anything until your post above, very interesting.  The new boat looks like a really nice way to go to the island.
I am nuts ask my wife but not on this subject

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Didn't CYC have a length limit in the past that was less than 104'?  Money doesn't just talk, it swears.  

Edit:  I agree with no limit and hope the bridge survives any challenges.  

Last edited by a moderator:

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
Gorgeous boat.  Can just imagine that thing with 2 spins and a blooper flying with crew sipping champaign and eating caviar.   

So 2 questions come to mind.  in the 100 + years of the race.

1.  What is the biggest furniture boat to win the mac??

2.   Smallest?

Oh, and Bacchant and heritage do not count...   ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Gorgeous boat.  Can just imagine that thing with 2 spins and a blooper flying with crew sipping champaign and eating caviar.   

So 2 questions come to mind.  in the 100 + years of the race.

1.  What is the biggest furniture boat to win the mac??

2.   Smallest?

Oh, and Bacchant and heritage do not count...   ;)
I'm betting on Windigo.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Probably better than the bath tub!
Well spotted in the interior pictures, or maybe you knew. It's a beautiful wooden cold moulded varnished one. 

This one on close sister ship Whitefin is even nicer.

DSC_0091-wpcf_580x870.jpg

1sailor

Super Anarchist
Yesterday I was told that she has been donated (I think they said mass maritime but not 100% on this part) and she will continue to live in Holland MI at Eldeans until someone raises their hand for a charter.   pretty big / beamy yacht to be trailering around the US without a defined plan I guess. 

She sits in building #3 alongside the R/P 74 Wizard (also a donated boat with no identified plan currently, but listed for sale) and also MaxZ86 Windquest (retired maxi owned by the DeVos family, for sale,  and no sailing plans going forward).

All three of these yachts are immaculate, grand-prix condition ready to sail--- apparently Holland MI is where these things go to rest while they (depreciate and) wait for new ownership.

Latest posts