ILCA gives LPE the boot... seeking new Laser builder

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The IOC will not like this one. 
Might just be the opposite.  from what i am told there is no love lost between World Sailing and LP, and it's not like IOC honorary/past pres Rogge (a Finn olympian) isn't plugged into WS and the sport in general.  Not sure how plugged in, but Rastegar sure does have a lot of people who don't like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wess

Super Anarchist
Might just be the opposite.  from what i am told there is no love lost between World Sailing and LP, and it's not like IOC honorary/past pres Rogge (a Finn olympian) isn't plugged into WS and the sport in general.  Not sure how plugged in, but Rastegar sure does have a lot of people who don't like him.
Not sure there is anyone who likes LPE.  What a mess.  Can I still call a new Laser a Laser since they own the rights to that name in US and Europe, LOL.  Actually I don't care what they make the class call it.  Always wished that ILCA would go the route of any builder any name / one build spec but that ain't gonna happen for many reasons. 

Guessing we now get our toys from new global overlord PSA.  Want to bet the prices for everything laser don't go up?

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Not sure there is anyone who likes LPE.  What a mess.  Can I still call a new Laser a Laser since they own the rights to that name in US and Europe, LOL.  Actually I don't care what they make the class call it.  Always wished that ILCA would go the route of any builder any name / one build specbut that ain't gonna happen for many reasons. 

Guessing we now get our toys from new global overlord PSA.  Want to bet the prices for everything laser don't go up?
 the name thing is so odd and frankly i haven't kept up with the kirby litigation stuff so I don't even know what the issues really are.  I can't imagine LP will do anything but sue, and quickly, so it'll probably come out in the wash

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
Illinois
Not sure there is anyone who likes LPE.  What a mess.  Can I still call a new Laser a Laser since they own the rights to that name in US and Europe, LOL.  Actually I don't care what they make the class call it.  Always wished that ILCA would go the route of any builder any name / one build spec but that ain't gonna happen for many reasons. 

LP wasn't paying is bills to suppliers so prices may actually go down if suppliers start dealing with respectable builders and re-open the pipeline.