Immigration ... Ahora Que?

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Just watching Mayorkas on TV. We all get that umpteen immigrants have been released with the promise to show back up for hearings. Asked how many show up ... short version is that "86%" do. Last I looked, that leaves 14% who do not. 

NBC reported last year that apparently an unknown number have been released without court dates amidst the surge. Say what? So there's really no telling how many have been released. Full stop.

I'm reluctant to attempt to put numbers to this but no question that many thousands of ghosts have been released into the country. I'm willing to concede that most of the "14%" will soon be our bus boys at Mexican restaurants, and many will be sheet-rocking and roofing soon. Some will drive trucks. We need them. Bigly. 

What I cannot get comfy with is the indeterminate number of potential bad folks released in our midst with no info ... nada. 

How flaming a liberal do you have to be to be OK with this?

And what now? Half the fucking camel is in the tent!

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
The local good old boy farmers bus them in by the school bus load all week long to pick their crops, then bitch about immigration on Saturday nights in the bar. 

When those guys start being consistent about the issue I’ll start getting more worked up about it. Until then, I’m with Reagan on this issue. 

“Illegal immigrants in considerable numbers have become productive members of our society and are a basic part of our work force. Those who have established equities in the United States should be recognized and accorded legal status. At the same time, in so doing, we must not encourage illegal immigration.”

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
The GOP has blocked immigration reform since 2006 when their own guy Dubya advanced it. 

They keep it screwed up on purpose for political advantage. 

And they have BC sucked in .  . 

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
And when was the last time you actually had a problem with an illegal immigrant?

As opposed to say potholes, poor public health management, predatory fiscal institutions, or contaminated drinking water?

- DSK

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
The GOP has blocked immigration reform since 2006 when their own guy Dubya advanced it. 

I get your view,  Borracho's too but sucked in? This actually is happening literally as we speak. The OP question is What Now?  Ferget the blah blah blame and all that old shit. We're talking what to do today. 

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
And when was the last time you actually had a problem with an illegal immigrant?

As opposed to say potholes, poor public health management, predatory fiscal institutions, or contaminated drinking water?

- DSK
Kind of a short view question. I'm looking for serious answers. Shitfighting is doen the hall.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
They come for jobs. Remove the jobs, no migration. Of course, at 3.6% unemployment Biden has done too good a job and employers need workers. I suppose we could ramp up a nice recession to lower migration.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
They come for jobs. Remove the jobs, no migration. Of course, at 3.6% unemployment Biden has done too good a job and employers need workers. I suppose we could ramp up a nice recession to lower migration.
The GOP is working feverishly to make that happen.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
The local good old boy farmers bus them in by the school bus load all week long to pick their crops, then bitch about immigration on Saturday nights in the bar. 
Seen it and read it many times. I'm totally for immigration, we need the people. I grew up with Chicanos. I'm a fan but we know bad guys are coming in. We've caught some. I suspect we have terrorist cell vans cruising the streets looking for recruits that maybe don't speak no Spanish so good. 

Mayorkis was asked about a specific group of 42 guys someone has identified as possible bads. He assured the nation that DHS is watching those 42. Maybe. What about the hundreds or thousands from around the globe that may be walking across the river this week?

I'm just looking at this from a possible terrorist viewpoint. There are huge public health concerns that dovetail nicely with terrorist targets, not to mention the fast growing weight on local facilities, and doubtless depressive morale of the BP. On the way to work, how many of these guys say to themselves, "why risk my ass today?" 

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
The “bad guys” are already in the US.  Most were born and raised in the US as citizens. A surprising number are White Collar: Focus law enforcement there, perhaps. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
They come for jobs. Remove the jobs, no migration
To quote Joe, "Come on man."

There are ESL classes to you town?

Release the pressure. Legalize immigration. Push for worldwide cooperation. This apartheid cannot be sustained. 
This is roses and unicorns, Cap. Honestly, there's no shortage of oblivious folks simply seeing this issue in a simplistic way. This question has been asked many times. We've gotten no answers. 

This isn't apartheid. It's public health and safety.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Seen it and read it many times. I'm totally for immigration, we need the people. I grew up with Chicanos. I'm a fan but we know bad guys are coming in. We've caught some. I suspect we have terrorist cell vans cruising the streets looking for recruits that maybe don't speak no Spanish so good. 

Mayorkis was asked about a specific group of 42 guys someone has identified as possible bads. He assured the nation that DHS is watching those 42. Maybe. What about the hundreds or thousands from around the globe that may be walking across the river this week?

I'm just looking at this from a possible terrorist viewpoint. There are huge public health concerns that dovetail nicely with terrorist targets, not to mention the fast growing weight on local facilities, and doubtless depressive morale of the BP. On the way to work, how many of these guys say to themselves, "why risk my ass today?" 
I am cautious about just going along with anyone saying "we know" (fill in the blank). That sounds an awful lot like a TV presenter getting ready to beat the holy hell out of a straw man.  What do we know exactly and what evidence supports that knowledge? 

mikewof

mikewof

GOP? Isn't it obvious at this point that both red and blue alike have piss poor immigration policies? Both sides are transitioning with the Prision-Industrial complex to feed immigrants into their money machines now that the Drug War is winding down.

All border walls between Canada and Mexico need to be removed. There are not "illegal" immigrants, only undocumented immigrants. Since we will never prosecute Americans for illegal hiring, we need to recognize the ICE for what it is, a taxpayer-funded Pinkerton enforcement crew to break up unionization. 

Population inversion is coming, and we need to take control of our misguided politicians before they fuck everything up. We need as much immigration as possible, and combine it with drug decriminalization to manage the influence of the drug and pharma cartels.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

I don’t live in fear. You should try it. It’s refreshing. Go for a sail. Clear your mind of Faux News fear-mongering.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
To quote Joe, "Come on man."

This is roses and unicorns, Cap. Honestly, there's no shortage of oblivious folks simply seeing this issue in a simplistic way. This question has been asked many times. We've gotten no answers. 

This isn't apartheid. It's public health and safety.
Really. If you take away the jobs, no migration. Just look at migration numbers during recessions. It drops. We could and are forcing a recession now, probably overdue. Migration will slow. 

of course, one could also penalize  those who hire illegals, but that’s not good for GOP donations.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
GOP? Isn't it obvious at this point that both red and blue alike have piss poor immigration policies? Both sides are transitioning with the Prision-Industrial complex to feed immigrants into their money machines now that the Drug War is winding down.

All border walls between Canada and Mexico need to be removed. There are not "illegal" immigrants, only undocumented immigrants. Since we will never prosecute Americans for illegal hiring, we need to recognize the ICE for what it is, a taxpayer-funded Pinkerton enforcement crew to break up unionization. 

Population inversion is coming, and we need to take control of our misguided politicians before they fuck everything up. We need as much immigration as possible, and combine it with drug decriminalization to manage the influence of the drug and pharma cartels.
Shit, I agree with Cliff on this. I’m no open border guy, but demographics are destiny. You want more white folks? Maybe let in a bunch of eastern euros.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Shit, I agree with Cliff on this. I’m no open border guy, but demographics are destiny. You want more white folks? Maybe let in a bunch of eastern euros.
As do I, but....  In reality, they most definitely are illegal immigrants if they are of a nationality that has a propensity to vote for anyone other than GOP candidates once they earn citizenship and the right to vote. As long as they are going to vote for Americans instead of democRATS, they can be called "undocumented".