Improbable

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
There will be a LOT of carbon around/under/around the bearing housing, that will be virtual gussetting. Behind the housing, the inner and outer carbon skins actually meet, so it's solid carbon right behind the housing to take the compression from a collision.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
Thanks for that, Bruce. I should probably listen to some more of their podcasts, but they seemed pretty clueless in their questions. But then I am just a slow cruiser with tons of solar, enough for my little Engel fridge. So don't ever need to use the engine to charge batteries, even have solar maintaining the engine batteries, total overkill, but since I have yet to install a BMS, seemed easier just to overdo the solar and batteries.

huey 2

Super Anarchist
syd
Ronnie and Bruce... on the Open 50 that Ronnie will campaign

1663124284681.png

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Lots and lots of sanding... And plugged the old exhaust port that dad had put in on the port side. Will be using an exhaust separator tank and venting the air out a port on deck via a hose that can be tacked (a la Ocean Planet)

IMG_20220925_174956.jpg

IMG_20220926_112528.jpg

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
Will be using an exhaust separator tank and venting the air out a port on deck via a hose that can be tacked
I don't understand any of this. not that I need to - if there is one thing cooler than the boat building in this thread it may be the systems installation. very much looking forward to it.

huey 2

Super Anarchist
syd
I absolutely love this yacht and absolutely love what your doing...but I reckon you should put a call out to Port Townsand Boat School come community and get some young and enthusiastic help just put a note up on their noticeboard for whatever project your on ie help with sanding ... ala The TallyHo project....but heck your transversing the country and I have no idea how your even juggling life and this project and your energies...as always Love your work..!!

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Thanks folks!

I'm trying to get the projectimprobable.com website updated with content talking about the various aspects of the project, including systems, etc. Of course I don't have it all on the site yet

Yes, there's a lot going on in Port Townsend that I should be paying more attention to! Good idea.

At the moment, there is a more immediate concern. I know this is a real long shot, but by any chance is anyone driving up the coast from the Monterey or Bay areas in the next few days? There are two quarts of Interlux perfection Rochelle Red there that I need to get here before I leave on the 4th. Preferably this weekend. West Marine can't ship them out soon enough and they will only ship them ground which won't arrive in time. I have four quarts coming from Texas but they won't arrive in time either. I know it's a long shot but I thought I would post it here....

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Never mind, emergency averted... I was able to get one quart to stretch enough to cover one side! Now, I don't want everyone to get too excited... This is just an exploratory coat to see how the side of the boat holds up in the sun with red on it while I work on the other stuff. Fingers crossed that there isn't too much thermal expansion and contraction, etc.