Improbable

huey 2

Super Anarchist
syd
Wow, ....Improbable is Back...That Red Is Fantastic. She has real Gravitas again...Not bad coverage at all ....Roll and Tip ?

Improbable , Red Rooster and Red Herring are fabulous Red Boats

Last edited:
Yes, there's a lot going on in Port Townsend that I should be paying more attention to! Good idea.

It would be great for Bruce and Leo to get together and meet. They are two great restoration projects by two skilled professionals in their respective crafts, both happening in WA. Im sure that Leo would give Bruce a tour of the Tally Ho , and Bruce would give Leo a tour of Improbable. I would love to be a fly on the wall as Leo described his plans for systems and Bruce his work on the structural changes to the hull. They share a similar philosophy to environmentally efficient energy. They also grapple with the similar considerations of what to preserve and what to modernize . Although they are entirely different boats , built c 50 years apart , they both used an approach of asking "What was this boat about when it was built?" during the restoration.

Both boats raced in the Fastnet. Tally Ho winning in 1927. Improbable was runner up in 1971.

At the time that Improbable was built , Tally Ho was only a few years older than Improbable is today.

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
Not bad coverage at all ....Roll and Tip ?
unpossible. I am assured this requires two people.. ;)
1664641385026.png

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Interesting regarding the Tally Ho; I didn't even know she raced back in the day! I need to catch up there, but that means even less sleep...
Next trip I'll try coordinate a trip to PT; I'd like to meet Leo.

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Forgot to mention...I fly back to Maine tomorrow, so that wraps up the Sept 2022 Improbable work trip. I think I could only average 2-3 hours a day, with the remote workload required for OPE, Rosalea's brother's wedding, my mom's visit, etc. But that's better than nothing! I took a haphazard video tonight as dusk was descending...