In Port Race, Alicante

Dino

Anarchist
Ireland
Hi,

Myself and a few fellow Anarchists are heading down to Alicante for the In Port race on the 4th of October. Will there be any spectator boats available? Otherwise is there anywhere to charter a rib or will any Anarchists be there on their boats? If you have room for 2 to 4 Irish lads on your boat, we'll bring beer and Rum.

Cheers

Dino.

johncurtin

Super Anarchist
Ireland
am trying to get a group of guys together from dublin too, flights at €125 return arnt bad at all! keep us in mind if you find a charter.....

Waffer-thin-mint

Heading out from "up north" on the first family holiday but am keen to get pics of the little nipper beside a proper boat.

Can't miss me......will be white-est man on the dock............

alechte

Ericsson 2 boats arrived at Alicante about 8 hours ahead of schedule. E4 docked in about 4pm.

susho

lemmer, NL
am trying to get a group of guys together from dublin too, flights at €125 return arnt bad at all! keep us in mind if you find a charter.....
Lol, me and my sister are comeing to alicante too, our flight to alicante was free!+tax, back tot the netherlands was 40 euro+ tax, but we booked in june.

Hi,Myself and a few fellow Anarchists are heading down to Alicante for the In Port race on the 4th of October. Will there be any spectator boats available? Otherwise is there anywhere to charter a rib or will any Anarchists be there on their boats? If you have room for 2 to 4 Irish lads on your boat, we'll bring beer and Rum.

Cheers

Dino.
Dino

THERE ARE 35 GALWAY ANARCHISTS HEADING DOWN ON THE 3RD FOR THE INPORT, NOTHING ARRANGED YET RE RIBS/BOATS WE HAVE THE DRINKING ORGANISED THOUGH!

WE SHALL SEE YOU THERE

Dino

Anarchist
Ireland
Good man Joggernaut. We'll definitely see you down there for beers. PM me before you head down and I'll give you my mobile number.

Donie

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
How do we see the Alicante Inport Race panning out in terms of results.? I'll take a stab in the dark..

1. Telefonica Blue (A Team)

2. Puma Racing

3. Ericsson 1 (A Team)

4. Green Dragon

5. Ericsson 2 (B Team)

6. Telefonica Black (B Team)

7. Delta Lloyd

8. Ruskis

Mix it up team , we have 8 x a miriad of combos for this race, my stab is based on an average wind speed of 10-15 knots. Anything over or under could bring Lady Luck into the calculations....................

alechte

If it is light wind, I would put Puma at the top of the heap and also lift Delta Lloyd a few spots. They look like the narrower of the boats in Alicante.

If Pedro Campos is steering the Telefonica black boat (he steered movistar in the last race Sanxenxo inport), I would put them 7th.

If it is windy, I would slide Puma a couple of notches and bring the green dragon up a bit.

Not sure about E4. Probably good for a podium in any breeze though.

susho

lemmer, NL
pension versalles...

we've booked another hostel in the same street,but had to book an extra bed. got it confirmed by email, let's hope it stay's confirmed. me and my sister are there from 2-5 october :D (hopefully...)

A3341

You might have had the same hostel as the sailor chick I referred to above. Lame!
May you can give couchsurfing a try. I just did a quick research on couchsurfing.com and there is 163 members in Alicante only. Could be a nice way to stay there for cheap and meet new people.

Good luck in your search for a place to rest!