INEOS Team GB

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
did I’d anyone notice the elephant in the room in the go video?  Nobody switched sides during maneuvers....
Only the second one, likely because they rolled into a gybe shortly after rounding the orange bouy and then they swapped sides. 

they swapped on the three other manoeuvres.

it’s been seen before from them on one of the GMR vids I think prior to the Xmas cup 

Raptorsailor

Anarchist
The sea
Quite strange lighting and hard to tell, but it looks like the port foil is a slight modification from the foils used in the round robin, with some area taken from the leading edge, whereas the starboard foil seems to be a more dramatic modification with significant are taken from the trailing edge as well as the leading edge. Or... is this a trick of lighting and perspective? 

From Ineos' instagram..

View attachment 425639

View attachment 425640
They have new inboard winglets. 

captainSackSparrow

UK
Is this video blurred or there is a very smooth transition to flap? I thought I read somewhere they could have flexible transitions from main foil to flap

Screenshot_20210202-080348.png

If they're happy for these to be shown, it must mean these are old news.

Especially the red painted and hinge-visible variant shown below:

image.png

Is this a tip of rudder elevator or foil? In any case it gets plenty of love and attention.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
Is this video blurred or there is a very smooth transition to flap? I thought I read somewhere they could have flexible transitions from main foil to flap
Ah, now thats nice.

This is much better use of the continuous flexy stuff than that weird scallop round the corner of the cranked foil.

Arm/wing joins better faired in & they changed the geometry of the inner flap/bulb join.

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Former American Magic fanboy signing in to switch sides.  Go team INEOS!

If we win, I'll [SIZE=12pt] petition Bidnen to restore Churchill's bust to the White House![/SIZE]
line in the sand: 

NYYC thread - page 140

ETNZ - 130

Luna Rosa -  60 

this thread -  78

As a neutral, I've been happy for any of the four challengers to take it

Latest posts