INEOS Team GB

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
But they can't accept challenges for AC38 yet. It's forbiddent by the Deed.

And for jumping the cycle, LR has been by far the most competitive challenger of the lot, unless proved the contrary, and they surely lose the momentum and advantage they have.
Legitimate concern for LR

Contracts can be signed by all parties with massive penalty clauses

As already stated by Jaysper 

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Luna Rossa had a pretty big Advantage when it came to the AC75 Rule. Francesco Bruni was reportedly testing the Twin-Skin Mainsail waaaay before the actual AC75 Class Rule came out and so did the Kiwis. AC36 was probably the Italians best shot of winning the Cup bcuz they established that Boat Class.
I expect the Avantages the Italians had over INEOS & AM will be much narrower for AC37 and beyond if they have any Advantages at all.
LR advantages are not just the boat, their sailing team is as good as ETNZ or even better. With Jimmy being the best starter ....it’s a massive advantage LR has. 

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
A thought on Sir Jim Ratcliffe:
When BA announced the switch from Land Rover to INEOS I wasn't keen to have Ratcliffe but I admit my judgement about Sir Jim was probably clouded by the often unwarranted attacks by the British Press. Sometimes they were waaaaay over the top when it comes to reporting on Ratcliffe and his Company INEOS.
Ratcliffe actually seems a very nice guy, very sincere, a straight talker and classy as well. For example how he thanked the Country of New Zealand after his Team got eliminated.

A thought on INEOS TEAM UK:
If you look at their Social Channels they only thanked & congratulated Emirates Team New Zealand after they won the AC last Wednesday but no mention of Luna Rossa at all. There is definitly some bad blood between the Brits and the Italians.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Can I say that I don't like that anyway? It's the principle, they are opening a dark road.
Signing contracts to Protect LR, AM and any other challenging syndicate is a good thing. It gives them certainty and allows them to plan, invest and spend money with a sense of certainty. 

Im sure your never going to like the proposed AC37 and I don’t blame you at all, for feeling this way. But there are ways to ensure that other syndicates are not disadvantaged by Ineos and ETNZ Dog match. 

All things being perfect I’d prefer that the Dog match not happen. Unfortunately GD is not listening to me

Last edited by a moderator:

strider470

Super Anarchist
Signing contracts to Protect LR, AM and any other challenging syndicate is a good thing. It gives them certainty and allows them to plan, invest and spend money with a sense of certainty. 

Im sure your never going to like the proposed AC37 and I don’t blame you at all, for feeling this way. But there are ways to ensure that other syndicates are not disadvantaged by Ineos and ETNZ Dog match. 
Look, if it will go that way, I hope the DoG will be amended to avoid such a crap in the future.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Look, if it will go that ways, I hope the DoG will be amended to avoid such a crap in the future.
So if Prada offered ETNZ a massive amount of money to hold a DOG match in Italy , I’m sure you would be against the idea. However a lot of Italians would be happy about the idea......think about all the handbag sales

strider470

Super Anarchist
So if Prada offered ETNZ a massive amount of money to hold a DOG match in Italy , I’m sure you would be against the idea. However a lot of Italians would be happy about the idea......think about all the handbag sales
I'm not sayng that Italians are more intelligent than others. Someone probably would be happy. Not a good reason to do the wrong thing, though. And I think it's not the style of Prada buying a shortcut access to the Match.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
I'm not sayng that Italians are more intelligent than others. Someone probably would be happy. Not a good reason to do the wrong thing, though. And I think it's not the style of Prada buying a shortcut access to the Match.
Look,
The only Reason the 1 - 1 has come up is because of ETNZ's financial woes and probably because the ACWS in Portsmouth & Cagliari were cancelled AND because Ratcliffe doesn't want Luna Rossa in the next Cup :D

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I remember an ACWS event held off the waterfront of Napoli. 150 thousand Italians turned out for the weekend, it was terrific. Prada ran two boats, Swordfish and Piranha, one of them took first place in that 3 day regatta and the crowd went nuts. 

On the most-busy weekend during AC36 here recently, a lot of boats (2000+?) gassed up and went out but Vilkage attendance was pretty tiny.. 40k on the Saturday, half of the many big-sport events that happen several times a week where I live. 

strider470

Super Anarchist
I remember an ACWS event held off the waterfront of Napoli. 150 thousand Italians turned out for the weekend, it was terrific. Prada ran two boats, Swordfish and Piranha, one of them took first place in that 3 day regatta and the crowd went nuts. 

On the most-busy weekend during AC36 here recently, a lot of boats (2000+?) gassed up and went out but Vilkage attendance was pretty tiny.. 40k on the Saturday, half of the many big-sport events that happen several times a week where I live. 
Napoli is really a natural sailing stadium

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg

Are you a jerk or what? The ACWS that was held in Napoli in 2012 was when COVID19 wasn't even on the radar!

As long as this virus is circulating around extra precautions need to be taken not to mention that the AC Village can't take 100K+ People. It's not designed for that! A lot of waterfront upgrades in Auckland had to be scrubbed because of the Pandemic!

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Are you a jerk or what? The ACWS that was held in Napoli in 2012 was when COVID19 wasn't even on the radar!

As long as this virus is circulating around extra precautions need to be taken not to mention that the AC Village can't take 100K+ People. It's not designed for that! A lot of waterfront upgrades in Auckland had to be scrubbed because of the Pandemic!
The ACWS in Portsmouth (pre-pandemic) gained small attendance too. That ACWS in Naples was fantastic, it eclipses any AC event I can think of in the past 15 years. 

Selling this sailboat race to NZ govt and Auk govt is gonna be a hard-sell. People didn’t actually care much. 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
The more we go the more I think that this one on one won't happen. As they must have some kind of agreement with binding I wonder who of Ratty or the Dalton will attack who.