INEOS Team GB

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
3 hours ago, 45Roller said:

Four years in the making 

Really good vid, thanks.

I have to say, I really admire the team and it's dogged determination to take an absolute dog of a boat and completely transform it in such a short time.

Yes, it was slower but it actually won a race which is something you would never have thought it could based on initial performances.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Didn't I read somewhere that they have admitted their mistake (or one of). At the beginning they could see the advantage of sailing low and gaining end plate but could see no way stable enough flight could be achieved to bother chasing the idea. The others all did.

One, at the time supposedly small, decision that came back to bite them in the arse. AC is a cruel mistress, there is not enough time to recover, once the games begin, from a mistake made years ago.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
It will be interesting to see what design team they put together for AC37.

It always struck me as ironic the Team GBR had a NZ design head and Team NZ had a British design head.

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
Interesting their B2 was designed for part non foiling racing which going off weather data could a reasonable call. Then ETNZ's first boat was designed for full foiling so a big rethink and not much time to do it. As Ratcliffe said that was 30 million down the tubes. Merc only came in for B2 so they were well behind targets. The Xmas reggatta, Prada Cup and AC itself were predominantly light winds along with a relative absence of sea breezes. Maybe locals will come in and say this is normal but it would be a big call to bet a campaign on three 10 day regattas being marginal winds 3 years out.  Been interesting if they had 30% of the  races in the upper half of the regatta and predominantly Course C.

Meanwhile wonder what Ratcliffe is doing with 30 of his Ineos folk holed up in an Office in Auckland. Bet the NZ Gov know.

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Randro said:
That's fucking disgraceful.

30 Million earned from fucking the planet, makes it worse.
Oh behave like any of the teams sponsors are moral guardians, unless you win it’s a lot more than 30mil down the shitter 

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Never been one for exaggeration have you... 

how’s  the break up with Magnus? Given your return here I guess it’s final? 
I was more thinking of Bolsonaro. Putin, any mass murderer, school shooter, child molester, but apparently I have the wrong perspective. 

barfy

Super Anarchist
She says rich people who are known to avoid tax should be seen as “social pariahs … a national disgrace, not heroes”. Some of the wealthiest Britons are no longer based in the UK, which allows them to make significant tax savings. Sir James Ratcliffe, the UK’s richest person and a high-profile Brexiter, last year quit Britain for tax-free Monaco. It has been estimated that the move will ultimately save him £4bn in tax payments. Other rich Britons who have moved to Monaco include the former Topshop boss Sir Philip Green and his wife, Tina; the property billionaires Simon and David Reuben; John Hargreaves, the founder and chairman of Matalan; and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton. In 2019, John Caudwell, the billionaire founder of Phones4u, vowed to join them in Monaco if Labour was elected and raised taxes.

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
She says rich people who are known to avoid tax should be seen as “social pariahs … a national disgrace, not heroes”. Some of the wealthiest Britons are no longer based in the UK, which allows them to make significant tax savings. Sir James Ratcliffe, the UK’s richest person and a high-profile Brexiter, last year quit Britain for tax-free Monaco. It has been estimated that the move will ultimately save him £4bn in tax payments. Other rich Britons who have moved to Monaco include the former Topshop boss Sir Philip Green and his wife, Tina; the property billionaires Simon and David Reuben; John Hargreaves, the founder and chairman of Matalan; and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton. In 2019, John Caudwell, the billionaire founder of Phones4u, vowed to join them in Monaco if Labour was elected and raised taxes.
As the article states. She would have been a billionaire in her own right if she hadn’t started giving money away in her 20s... she has given away 72mil? 

1 billion - 72mil? Go careful love you will be destitute if you keep going at that rate.. 

dullers

Super Anarchist
Englandshire
Ahh the politics of envy. I would move to save 4Bn.

barfy

Super Anarchist
As the article states. She would have been a billionaire in her own right if she hadn’t started giving money away in her 20s... she has given away 72mil? 

1 billion - 72mil? Go careful love you will be destitute if you keep going at that rate.. 
I hope Jim stays abroad so he can keep that 4B available to sponsor Ben.