INEOS Team GB

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
If they are so good why haven't they won the AC then?
I mean, AC is not very often. And for most of the history, the reason was that the NYYC rigged it. And then it's been Aussies and NZers, and they put huge efforts by extremely talented teams into it. And don't pretend that Alinghi wasn't NZers. If you were paying attention, you would not be confused.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
I mean, AC is not very often. And for most of the history, the reason was that the NYYC rigged it. And then it's been Aussies and NZers, and they put huge efforts by extremely talented teams into it. And don't pretend that Alinghi wasn't NZers. If you were paying attention, you would not be confused.
Oh, I am very aware of this mate BUT Great Britain hasn't even come close challenging for it. The last time Great Britain has had a challenging Team in the AC Match was some 45+ years ago.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Actually 4 quoted an article over a year old. Turned to shit when the Justice Minister couldn't explain what it meant. Our PM couldn't explain what it was trying to solve.

It has since been dumped like a hot potato. Much like 4 by anyone with a brain. :lol:
The law will be passed. 

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Suppose you could say that it's been almost 30 years since the Aussies were competitive then too.
But the Queen is still head of state there, so that's her fault too.

Though she is also head of state of NZ as well. Weird, given that and the success of the British Olympic teams, its almost as if the royal family aren't in fact a curse on sport at all

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Podcast at

Our guest this week on the podcast this week is Gurnard local Jo Grindley - a woman at the very top of her game in the world of professional sports marketing and management. She’s long been the commercial brains behind Sir Ben Ainslie and is now Chief Marketing and Commercial Operator of the British America’s Cup Team, as well as running her own sports marketing company, based in Cowes.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Let the Rumors & Speculation commence...

Sailweb UK's Gerald New is reporting that 2020/2021 Tokyo Olympic Gold Medalist in the 49er Class Dylan Fletcher will announce his Retirement from Olympic Sailing ahead of the European Championships that begin in Denmark this Thursday.
https://www.sailweb.co.uk/2022/07/04/dylan-fletcher-retires-from-olympic-sailing/
Could he possibly a Backup Helm for BA in case INEOS Britannia decides to go with Twin-Helm thing?

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
Podcast at

Our guest this week on the podcast this week is Gurnard local Jo Grindley - a woman at the very top of her game in the world of professional sports marketing and management. She’s long been the commercial brains behind Sir Ben Ainslie and is now Chief Marketing and Commercial Operator of the British America’s Cup Team, as well as running her own sports marketing company, based in Cowes.

Good find, lots of memories.
Thanks

Hemi

SF
This may be new, not sure. Fun anyway

Really enjoyed that! I've been skeptical of F1 involvement in the AC (and aerospace for that matter), based on previous successes (or lack of). But this fella seems smart and makes me think they could finally make the relationship work. Will be keenly watching for sure..

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
Let the Rumors & Speculation commence...

Sailweb UK's Gerald New is reporting that 2020/2021 Tokyo Olympic Gold Medalist in the 49er Class Dylan Fletcher will announce his Retirement from Olympic Sailing ahead of the European Championships that begin in Denmark this Thursday.
https://www.sailweb.co.uk/2022/07/04/dylan-fletcher-retires-from-olympic-sailing/
Could he possibly a Backup Helm for BA in case INEOS Britannia decides to go with Twin-Helm thing?

It would definitely make sense, and would be pretty cool. Anyway I see no announcement of the olympic break, even if Dylan is not actually doing the Euros

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
It would definitely make sense, and would be pretty cool. Anyway I see no announcement of the olympic break, even if Dylan is not actually doing the Euros

Not sure how this relates to this thread, by if you mean Dylan Fletcher, latest bar karate is an interview with him and he says he's stepping back from olympic sailing