INEOS Team GB

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
@chesirecat
The Legend tweets

Chris Froome is an absolute LEGEND!
I am surprised INEOS Britannia hasn't at least given Froome a call to join their AC37 Challenge because this year could very well Froomes last at a professional level.

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
I meant it would make sense to have him oboard ineos.
but no Idea if it is going to happen
From the sound of the interview, he'd love to be on an AC team, as well as being keen to run a SailGP syndicate, the question is does INEOS need/want a second helm? A Dylan / Ben combo for a dual helm would be interesting...

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
From the sound of the interview, he'd love to be on an AC team, as well as being keen to run a SailGP syndicate, the question is does INEOS need/want a second helm? A Dylan / Ben combo for a dual helm would be interesting...
American Magic Skipper Terry Hutchinson already said that he expects every Challenger to go with a Dual/Twin Helm Combo like the Italians did in Auckland so hiring Dylan would make massive kind of sense especially since Giles Scott is apparently recovering from hip surgery.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
American Magic Skipper Terry Hutchinson already said that he expects every Challenger to go with a Dual/Twin Helm Combo like the Italians did in Auckland so hiring Dylan would make massive kind of sense especially since Giles Scott is apparently recovering from hip surgery.
Yet when the Italians turned up with the idea everyone pointed out it was silly and unworkable. 😂

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
Chris Froome is an absolute LEGEND!
I am surprised INEOS Britannia hasn't at least given Froome a call to join their AC37 Challenge because this year could very well Froomes last at a professional level.

I guess the issue here is that teams are looking for pure power, which means that they just need big people with big legs that can create a lot of power from cycling. And I guess this identikit does not match with those of pro road cyclists.
Maybe, just maybe, with some Track cyclists, but I suspect that they may look for somebody even bigger than them.

Mic

dreamingwet

I guess the issue here is that teams are looking for pure power, which means that they just need big people with big legs that can create a lot of power from cycling. And I guess this identikit does not match with those of pro road cyclists.
Maybe, just maybe, with some Track cyclists, but I suspect that they may look for somebody even bigger than them.

Mic
and that they would need to carry a lot of Albuterol, for Froom's "breathing problems" :cool:

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
no fucking clue who Froom is but DGTwat is overlooking the small thing that Chris Froome hasn’t been an INEOS rider for several years now.

they have riders under existing contract should they want them rather than paying out Froomes contract and then re hiring him.
as it is I expect the old sailing team have got pretty decent lungs and legs on them

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
no fucking clue who Froom is but DGTwat is overlooking the small thing that Chris Froome hasn’t been an INEOS rider for several years now.

they have riders under existing contract should they want them rather than paying out Froomes contract and then re hiring him.
as it is I expect the old sailing team have got pretty decent lungs and legs on them
Doesn't matter that Froome isn't an INEOS Rider anymore. He is a Brit, that matters. Froome & Pidcock worked wonderfully together today up to L'Alpe de Huez with Pidcock getting the Stage Win and Froome taking 3rd. Froome still has it in him.

Kiwing

Super Anarchist
Bay of Islands
cyclists need to be thin as they have to push themselves through the air and push their weight. Cyclors on the other hand can put on as much beef as they like as long as the generate max power for an extended length of time.
I see cylors on the boat not cyclists.

NZK

Anarchist
Roaming
While it would be great to have to recognizable cycling names cycling on the AC Boats, I don't believe they can produce the consistent wattage needed
This guy would like a word....

VanAert-Calais.jpg

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Literally that’s what NZ did in Bermuda. van velthoven had never raced a boat until the first race in Bermuda.
olympic track cyclist and medalist from London.

Fuck, I was thinking exactly the same.
So congrats, must be my first likey for you ever!

But seriously, with some hard training and the right diët, a cyclist can convert to a cyclor quite easily and quickly, I would think. Just like some NZ grinders converted to cyclors as well.