inexperienced couple buy a p.o.s. catamaran

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Lot of daylight showing through holes in the hull everywhere. He's going to be surprised at the cost of sails...

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Dewd, he bought a boat Seth Rogan!  He must have lost a bit of weight for a film role!

He better call Rod about some Rutters!

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAhab

Anarchist
South Australia
I love these people who watch a couple of YouTube vids like La vagabonde. They buy a cheap boat, a go pro , and a drone. We can make a life doing what they do. The difference is neither of you can sail. Neither of you are cinematographers. And most importantly neither of you look good in a thong bikini.

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
So no rutters?

Too bad about not having the mast up or having any sails. I would really like to see this couple capsize.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
The Iroqouis is a cool little cat, old-school design. The add-on stern steps were a good idea but look a bit rough and the raw fiberglass one is already coming apart from UV.

I wish them luck but "I watched a YouTube video on how to drive a boat" is not promising. And no, I'm not going to throw any money at them for this bullshit. It would be nice if this encourages more young folk to consider boating & cruising.

FB- Doug

sailronin

Seattle, Wa
You can't really sail the ICW, it's motoring from bridge to bridge so these idiots will do fine.  Stop every night and beg for money to fund their "adventure", put some video online showing how well they're coping with the "hardships" of sailing motoring from point to point in calm, protected waters and gather a huge crowd of couch potato followers.