Insurance Company Recommendations, Catalina 30 NY

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Allstate, for both home and auto, set a record for being utterly shitty to deal with. I hope you have better luck.
For years I never used insurance , but this year had 2 incidents with a 2020 Toyota, first was a blow out that cause some front damage , Allstate covered the bill  ( minus the deductible, the second was about 100+ dents from a hail storm , small deductible , which the dent guy covered. Both times the repair places dealt with Allstate, all I had to do is pick the car , So I'm happy with them, for an Insurance company 

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
When I was racing in LIS/NY I used Jack Martin, they covered a couple of blown out Spins , But don't cover Florida ( hurricanes)

Jack Martin Insurance Advisors

· (410) 263-8000
image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LakeBoy

Super Anarchist
Progressive does have a "no racing" clause buried in the paperwork...
Just went through the only quote process with Progressive.  There is a drop down on how the boat will be used.  One option is exclusively pleasure boating, another is racing / speed trials.  I won't be getting into any racing right away so I selected option 1.  I do wonder if they understand the difference between sailboat racing and power boat racing.  The boat does have a motor (Torqueedo) which was noted.

Referred to Progressive by USAA, my main carrier.  Based on the multiple insurance threads doesn't seem like any other options would be better for a 22' sailboat in the US.