IOR landfills?

Have a Boat growing weeds in your yard?​

old boat sitting in woods
As we celebrate 75 years of the waterways program, Michigan's boating industry is coming together to find ways to recycle fiberglass boats, a national challenge that Michigan is determined to solve.
Want to help? Complete this online form to help us estimate how many fiberglass boats are out there and ready to be recycled. At the same time, you can sign up for text updates on the recycling project and provide your input.
Fiberglass boat recycling opportunities could be available as early as spring 2023. Boat shrink-wrap recycling is already available, and Boat Michigan is encouraging you to "Think before you shrink" this fall.

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
Guy Gurney: SORC -83 "Now Cascade is back to torment the rulemakers" IOR 24.0 with age allowance reduced to 23.3, pages 53 and 55 Yachting Apr -83. See also page 58 Yachting Aug -83
1660040028784.png

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Another Farr classic. Jenny H/Scallywag

View attachment 532710
I gotta laugh. $26k?

According to this, that boat was for sale a year ago at $12,400 http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/One Tonner/OFa 4 Jenny H.htm

And even that was probably high. Do some people think they got some special deal that suddenly makes the boat more than double in value?

Reminds me of an old local Peterson 35 that I have been told was recently bought from the estate for $5k. Which was probably about right since it had tired old sails and the owner retired in the Caribbean and so seldom used or maintained. It is now listed on CL at $28k

Last edited:

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Jolly Olly?
Yup. I just found out a couple of months ago that Vern passed away late last year. I thought the old bugger would never pass away.
I think the newest sails were 40 year old Hood Spectra. Saw him racing with those once maybe 6-7 years ago.