IOR landfills?

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Hmmm, doesn't look big enough to be a 2-tonner. Any additional info? LOA?
You are probably correct. Although King's bilgeboarders were short for their IOR rating. I want to say Aggressive II was 37' LOA, but may have been 39'. Memory fuzzy on that detail.

But given the substantial blister cabin, my guess is Popeye is closer to Terrorist than Aggressive II.

Aggressive II was big enough to have a more flush deck while Terrorist had a similar blister cabin

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Stock Barient item back in the day? I know Barient had 18" doubles as a stock item. Don't know about racheting etended handles
The Shadow had an extended length, double grip & ratcheting handle for the runners. I've never seen another.

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
King's bilgeboarders were short for their IOR rating.
Yeah. Terrorist was about 35.5 feet IIRC, so call it 5% shorter than a typical one-tonner of the day (37-38 feet).

If Aggressive II were the same proportions, I'd guess it to be about 39 feet (5% shorter than the typical 41-42 foot 2-tonner)

Or something.

I guess that could be a 39-footer in that photo (Popeye). The extreme beam of these bilgeboarder designs does tend to mess with the eye from that angle.

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Yeah. Terrorist was about 35.5 feet IIRC, so call it 5% shorter than a typical one-tonner of the day (37-38 feet).

If Aggressive II were the same proportions, I'd guess it to be about 39 feet (5% shorter than the typical 41-42 foot 2-tonner)

Or something.

I guess that could be a 39-footer in that photo (Popeye). The extreme beam of these bilgeboarder designs does tend to mess with the eye from that angle.
Found a short discussion about Popeye in a boatdesign.net thread starting at post 339: https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/old-quarter-tonners-magic-bus.24492/page-23
The posters confirm Popeye is a One ton.
In a side discussion it was indicated Marty King (must be a relative of Bruce King) said only one of the bilgeboard 2 Tonner was ever built - so if you found one, it would have to be Aggressive II,

KSB

Sandy Eggo

Or something.

Aggressive II was 37 feet....

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
Signature Paul B: "During lunch last week with the son of Bruce King I learned the Popeye was a sistership to the bilgeboard Two Tonner Aggressive. It might have been built of C-Flex, and King provided the plans but afterward had no real involvement in the project.", see:

Slick470

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Found a short discussion about Popeye in a boatdesign.net thread starting at post 339: https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/old-quarter-tonners-magic-bus.24492/page-23
The posters confirm Popeye is a One ton.
In a side discussion it was indicated Marty King (must be a relative of Bruce King) said only one of the bilgeboard 2 Tonner was ever built - so if you found one, it would have to be Aggressive II,
Martin King is Bruce's son. There was also Hawkeye which was a 48 footer.
1669992206713.png

1669992218910.png

A3A

Martin King is Bruce's son. There was also Hawkeye which was a 48 footer.
View attachment 557067
View attachment 557068
I sailed on Hawkeye in Newport, RI and I don't recall the board lifts being hydraulic. I distincly remember them being Barient spinnaker pole butt-lift chain drives. At the start of the day, you had to wind the board down but they came up fairly easily. But they gradually filled with water and by the end of the day, it was a chore to lower them without them running away and a real bear to grind them up.