IOR landfills?

Nick G

SF BAY
Good programs from the Bay usually delivered predictable results. The early 80’s were a great time on the Bay with the Serendipity 41/43’s and other one-off’s like Great Fun, Bullfrog, Bravura etc.. 

cje

Anarchist
Good programs from the Bay usually delivered predictable results. The early 80’s were a great time on the Bay with the Serendipity 41/43’s and other one-off’s like Great Fun, Bullfrog, Bravura etc.. 
 "Damn Near" came with lots of stuff. Gear, sails and stuff. I used everything I could to keep her original. Hung onto things to keep her history.

I have the vessels owner logs of those particular years. (80-85 ish)  It reads like Cook or Vancouver when they selected crew. Things like "very capable foredeck. "Has the weakness with the spirit"

If anyone has a story about her I'd really like to hear it. 

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
 "Damn Near" came with lots of stuff. Gear, sails and stuff. I used everything I could to keep her original. Hung onto things to keep her history.

I have the vessels owner logs of those particular years. (80-85 ish)  It reads like Cook or Vancouver when they selected crew. Things like "very capable foredeck. "Has the weakness with the spirit"

If anyone has a story about her I'd really like to hear it. 
Not much...:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203537404677541/permalink/244342947263653

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
So, I do look at facebook then. 

I feel dirty.
You are certainly not dirty! I have just asked a co-designer of the yacht about any history of the yacht. A possible answer can perhaps be more easily read on FB...

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
You are certainly not dirty! I have just asked a co-designer of the yacht about any history of the yacht. A possible answer can perhaps be more easily read on FB...
I just got informed by the co-designer that this yacht was designed after he had left the Scott Kaufman office. So take it easy with FB. I will post any info here.

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
Not a clue. Looked on the Spanish ORC rating list, but the boat's not there
Sometimes the design of the windows reveals the designer. But these double windows is a hard one, who can it be? It is more easy with the windows of the designs of Jean Berret. They look kind of evil, see Cofica:

But one shall not accuse Berret for doing evil yachts. Kind of smart though. Creates respect in the starts. However, even a Golden Retriever can look evil:

LordBooster

Super Anarchist
TANGO TOO 44' designed by Ron Holland

Credit to Martin Gruenberg

148950084_10222158216016694_253617591827604141_n.jpg

Tragico. Tristezza. Questa barca argentina vuole anche ballare il tango, TANGO TOO. Ma il suo compagno di ballo l'ha abbandonata.

Tragic. Sadness. This Argentine boat also wants to tango, TANGO TOO. But her dance partner abandoned her.

She sailed Admiral's Cup for Argentina:

https://shockwave40.blogspot.com/2012/11/tango-too-1989-admirals-cup-yacht.html?fbclid=IwAR3WCRnXTMWdGkcF5h0MLKwCyoTa4lZHJQW5m8Qj6iE539x6JQGez1aJIwo

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
This about "deathtrap". I don't fully understand why. Due to asymmetrically placed companionway? Due to the bags located on each side of it? Or is it simply too small?
It is an SA running joke:  any boat with a companionway off the longitudinal centre line is a deathtrap.  Don't take it too seriously.  It is like calling rudders "rutters" and so on.  This place has its own culture and vernacular.  It is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the design of the windows reveals the designer. But these double windows is a hard one, who can it be? It is more easy with the windows of the designs of Jean Berret. They look kind of evil, see Cofica:

But one shall not accuse Berret for doing evil yachts. Kind of smart though. Creates respect in the starts. However, even a Golden Retriever can look evil:
I contacted the seller, I never heard about the designer J. Gutierrez nor the builder, Luis Morales. I can send you the ORC club certificate by PM if you want.