Ironing out wrinkles in sail laminate possible?

sailhmb

half moon bay
My rolling furling jib has developed a 3ft long chord-wise wrinkle above the foot. Has anyone developed a heat/pressure technique to bring the area above the glass transition point (Tg) and removed a wrinkle?
image.jpg

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
do you think that wrinkle comes from furling it in an overlapped condition and leaving it that way?

if so, you could try moving the jib lead back when furling to change the ratio of tensions on the foot & leech.

zeros on furlers sometimes have a similar problem of furling up unevenly, solved it by using twings to change the angle of attack

if that does not work, furl up a little bit & pull down on the foot
furl up a little bit & pull down on the foot

repeat until it's furled w/o the wrinkle.

sailhmb

half moon bay
do you think that wrinkle comes from furling it in an overlapped condition and leaving it that way?

if so, you could try moving the jib lead back when furling to change the ratio of tensions on the foot & leech.

zeros on furlers sometimes have a similar problem of furling up unevenly, solved it by using twings to change the angle of attack

if that does not work, furl up a little bit & pull down on the foot

repeat until it's furled w/o the wrinkle.
Correct. Yes it was overlooked at some point and furled with the wrinkle. A little finagling during roll up can avoid the wrinkles. I have multiple jibs which are less wrinkle prone. The one pictured has developed this wrinkle which has set in and is now the normal condition.

sailhmb

half moon bay
I ironed the wrinkle out. Jib is under tension over a flat work surface covered with a towel. Iron set to acrylic (low temp). I will have to test on the boat to see if it wrinkles again.
Before and after.png