Is LaserPerformance planning a new dinghy???

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Jethrow. 

You might be onto something with this . I wonder if LP have bought the hull design and put a version of the ARC rig on it . 

If it is, this is boat that’s missed its time . The gap in the market has gone.

For any one under 100kg the Aero and Zero are a much better and well sorted boats .

And if your over 100kg in the uk you already have the choice of boats like the phantom, Hadron h2 or Finn. 

But I am still interested on any further news or info on its launch date . 
TBH I am a little suspicious that we are being played . A new posters  first post is a shot of a new dinghy that no one has seen before .

Put the other one it’s got bells on.  Lol  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

F18sailor

Xeon

I'm 1.75m and 91kg, I own a RS Aero 9, great for light winds, but when it gets above 12knots and choppy the boat is a disaster, the hull cant support a sailor above 90kg, the lack of bow buoyancy is horrendous downwind. It's so bad, that on the Europeans this year the Aero 9 had no class, even in the UK nationals they only had 11 boats. 

I don´t know the Phantom (never sailed it), but compare to more modern boats with seams heavy and big, out dated design and very expensive!!!

H2, looks good, still extremely expensive and only available in the UK.

I believe there is still the lack of a boat that is light, performant good looking (even owning an Aero I find the boat ugly as hell) and well priced... (ILCA priced)

If someone would have such a boat, it would be a success...

Xeon

Anarchist
England
The problem is no boat of this size can be ILCA priced and still have a carbon mast and have carbon or epoxy in its hull construction. 

Anyway doesn’t the Melges 14 with its largest rig already  fill this section of the market ? 

VDinghy

Spain
Xeon...

don't really know why such a boat cannot be ILCA priced. 

Have you seen latest ILCA prices!!!!  9.000€ for a 50 year old design, made of a bunch of fibre glass and aluminium tubes... it’s offensive.

ILCA is not a boat anymore it’s a world class business.

Xeon

Anarchist
England
It’s so nice to see so many new people posting about a boat they haven’t seen and telling us how there is a gap in the market for it .While slyly dissing some of their competitors.

Call me suspicious if you will , but think this thread is turning into LP sock puppet heaven  :D

POR151

It’s so nice to see so many new people posting about a boat they haven’t seen and telling us how there is a gap in the market for it .While slyly dissing some of their competitors.

Call me suspicious if you will , but think this thread is turning into LP sock puppet heaven  :D
Xeon, as you might see, i am not new in SA. i am a registered user since 2008 maybe in that time you didn't even know what sailing was or you just didn't know the SA forum yet.. i don't care..i just don't like to come here and publish bullshit...i'd rather be sailing,.

I just like to post when i believe i have something to add to this community and not spam them with conspiracy theories :D

Returning to the point of this Topic... i don't know what they are planning but if it is a fast & fun boat i believe it will find it's place on the  market, as long as it's a good boat everyone loves to spend their time on the water having fun. I just think that everyone should think more about having fun and  sailing amongst friends than racing or the olympics... 

We have to grow the base of the pyramid having loads of people sailing.. and then from that maybe 1 or 2% will go to the olympics... but to make the sport sustainable for clubs and federations we have to attract recreational sailors.. and what better way than to have a fun and afordable boat??

Just my thoughts..

Xeon

Anarchist
England
POR151, I tell you what, you should get a job writing LP press releases.

Alright, I'll bite.  So in my area LP has no representation.  Once upon a time we had LP, Hobie, and recently RS.  Now none.  Bit of an outlier maybe.  Does LP still have the heft/respect/interest internationally to get people to buy their boats?   I'd be leery of plunking down money on a new LP boat design without a track record and worried about continued support for parts and uptake in the international community.  It'd have to be a homerun design that every sailing magazine was declaring as boat of the year or something for me to part with money as an early adopter.