Is LaserPerformance planning a new dinghy???

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Xeon, as you might see, i am not new in SA. i am a registered user since 2008 maybe in that time you didn't even know what sailing was or you just didn't know the SA forum yet.. i don't care..i just don't like to come here and publish bullshit...i'd rather be sailing,.

I just like to post when i believe i have something to add to this community and not spam them with conspiracy theories :D
Err I’ve been sailing since 1988 and have owned quite a few boats over that time . I was also a friend of one of the old directors of performance sail craft in the uk when that company had quality customer service at its core . So yes I know a little about sailing and the sailing industry.

Yes you have been registered since 2008, but in all that time until you started this thread, you posted nothing . Two other new posters made this thread their first post , said positive things about the possibility of a new boat and slyly dissed competitors boats.

I have found in life, if it looks like marketing [email protected]@hit , smells like marketing [email protected]@hit , it’s normally marketing [email protected]@hit  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

POR151

Well.. that is your opinion and i respect it. i am not here to argue just to discuss topics of my interest. B)

I also had quite a few boats from dinghies to Cruiser/Racers.

At this moment i own an Archambault M34 and a Nacra F18 but i am on the market to replace the Nacra with a single handed monohull. i am 1.84 meters and weight 90 kg and tried several boats.. i don't have the physical capability to sail the Laser Standard and i am to heavy for the Radial. Tried the Aero but i don't think that it suits my needs..(weight x fluctuation) I heard that the Melges 14 is being produced at Nelo in the north of Portugal so i am willing to try it soon. and than this thing appeared and I became curious.

Other option is to try a foiler like the Wazsp but the nearest dealer is in Barcelona so they don't do demos in Portugal.

i am with @Hot and Soggy i don't know what they are planning but unless it proves to be good and with good reviews by international sailing magazines i won't consider it...

Someone on Instagram commented that it looked like an EPS... looking better at it it has some lines.. 

let's see what they will came out with.. or even if they will... meanwhile take it easy @Xeon  :D

Xeon

Anarchist
England
No props POR151 . More that happy to agree to disagree and wait and see what appears.

One things for certain , a EPS doesn’t have a reverse bow . I have seen a few in my time. The EPS was a interesting boat in some ways but deeply flawed .

POR151

No props POR151 . More that happy to agree to disagree and wait and see what appears.

One things for certain , a EPS doesn’t have a reverse bow . I have seen a few in my time. The EPS was a interesting boat in some ways but deeply flawed .
I never saw one in real life..i thing that the concept was great.. never understand why it didn't have the success

Three latest posts on Instagram from LaserPerformance hinting something new is coming.  The taglines are "A new story is about to be written.  Will you be a part of it? #don't miss the shift", and "we've been in the shed.  It's all coming together now #carbon". The image on the second one is of something black.  Kinda looks like they are laying up a hull with carbon fabric.  ?  I don't know.  The other posts (video) shows what looks like a one line outline of plan view and side view - hull with wings perhaps and square topped sail.  Tack of the sail is at the deck with the upswept bit (I don't know what this is called) like a 29er or 49er.  The way they do the outline, it disappears as it draws so I can't get a good screen capture of it.  Looks like there was another post previously that's even more ambiguous looking over a computer modeler's shoulder at a somewhat blurry screen.  

LaserPerformance Instagram

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 10.57.52 AM.png

POR151

TBH i didn't see anything relevant yet... just a picture with some numbers on a Sailmon..i don't know if it is related or not but..

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 10.26.03.jpeg

If it is... i don't know the top speeds on other single handed boats.. after a quick search i found that the top speed registered on a Laser was about 16.8knots..the top speed of the RS Aero is registered at 23.8 with 37knt wind... so unless they share the conditions.. that doesn't surprise me that much.. 

But they have  been surprisingly quite these last weeks

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Just been reading the Sunfish forum and also reading the Sunfish worlds thread on SA.

Any more  news of this high quality all carbon singlehander ? 
It’s all gone very quiet .

Foredeck Shuffle

Super Anarchist
A carbon Laser?  Not sure it's worth it since the hull needs updating.  But sure, buy one, ding it up a bit, savage the centerboard slot some for the typical too large of a slot opening quality issues, throw some leaves on it and wet them daily so the tannin stains the deck, turn it over and let the sun take some of the shine off the hull, go racing and pretend it's a Laser.  That's worse than the new ILCA rig I just put on a Laser that was nearly 2lbs lighter, but what the heck, it looks like a one design, that seems to be all that really matters.

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Err nothing to do with LP Lasers , they are dead and buried, unlike the ILCA .

This is a rumour that LP might be launching a new all carbon boat .

We will see in time  if there is any truth in it .

Bill5

Super Anarchist
Western Canada
A carbon Laser with an updated rig. Look out Aero! LP have you in their sights! I hear it is going to be called a Laero. Or Aeser. And class memberships are free! 

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
Free kiddie-finger guillotines with every boat!
Talking of finger guillotines, the stupidest think I ever did in a Laser was, while sailing a borrowed boat with the black stopper thingie on the daggerboard missing, I put my left index finger in the hole where the black stopper thingie should go, and slammed the daggerboard down. Without the black stopper thingie, the top of the dagger board disappeared down the daggerboard slot with the top of my finger still in the hole where the black stopper thingie should go. Ouch!

I really thought that I had lost the top joint of my finger, but thanks to the generous dimensions of the daggerboard slot on a Laser my finger was only crushed and bleeding, not amputated.

Do not attempt this trick at home.