Is LaserPerformance planning a new dinghy???

Dex Sawash

Demi Anarchrist
NC USA
I know a guy who was clearing an override in the jammed CB cable drum of a Flying Scot, he LoPpEd a finger off when the board did drop. Was a chartered boat, think it was ussailing CoC regatta

Xeon

Anarchist
England
They're busy with warranty repairs on a bunch of Sunfish, so wind your neck in.

Wait, warranty repairs? Scrub that, they're in the pub.
Lol lol . Don’t think the workers in the Portuguese factory would be seen dead in a ‘ pub ‘. More likely they are in a proper Portuguese bar  :D  on the interweb searching for a job with a better boss .  :D

POR151

They are very quiet about that..i've been paying attention to their social media.. but no news... and there is a guy at LP Facebook asking for news... no replies yet..

it was not in April, Otherwise one could think it was an Aprils foul..

Alan Crawford

Super Anarchist
Bozeman, Montana
I wouldn't buy one but looks like it could be fun for the right people.

What's this boat that made a brief appearance starting around 1:18?

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 10.58.44 AM.png

Xeon

Anarchist
England
No one is saying anything now . There were hints on [email protected] fb page, a couple of [email protected] sock puppets posted snippets on here and there is the above pic. 
Then nothing …..

Either it’s been caned or the launch date has been pushed back because of covid .

Personally I think it’s a bit of a Unicorn Singlehander, a full carbon hull and rig for the price of a laser is not going to happen .

But time will tell  :D

Xeon

Anarchist
England
It could be a boat following the same kind of design philosophy.

But it’s definitely not the same boat, the freeboard height is wrong as is the shape of the wave piecing bow. 

The L12 is a lovely looking little boat but to my mind it does nothing that a Dzero doesnt do better and with the added advantage of more waterline length.
That aside I would love to have a sail in a L12 , looks to have a sweet hull shape and I do like the high boom too . 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

Anarchist
England
The problem with this is every sail maker and boat builder I know has rubbished this rig saying it’s no better than the rooster rig .

So my forecast is , we will end up with a rubbish rig on a roto moulded hull .

Just what the sailing world needs  :D

BlatantEcho

Super Anarchist
The problem with this is every sail maker and boat builder I know has rubbished this rig saying it’s no better than the rooster rig .

So my forecast is , we will end up with a rubbish rig on a roto moulded hull .

Just what the sailing world needs  :D
You're confusing boats.

The Cascais is a rotomolded boat, designed to try to take on the RS Feva (it's dimensions are quite similar, imagine that).
It is available for sale, although, I don't know if they are selling many - their supply chain is quite the mess, with no industry trust/respect left via dealer network.

The new boat LP is teasing in this thread, is a carbon hulled, single person race boat, designed underneath the carbon/ARC rig first deployed on the Laser.

Effectively, LP is attempting to design a hull to use that rig.
This new boat is built directly to fit the criteria of World Sailing / Olympic Selection Committee that picked the Aero on technical merits.
That is their target.

Name, availability, etc, is not known. 
It's my understanding the design hasn't even been finalized.  The boats you see/layup, is all pre-production boat that they will test.
Will it see the light of day?  Who knows.  But, that's the backstory on it.