Is the Secret Service Compromised?

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Remember back in December, 2020, when Biden’s Secret Service detail was shuffled to give him protection by a detail with whom he was more familiar?  Nothingberder, right?https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/31/joe-biden-secret-service-team-trump-loyalty

Remember on 1/6/21, when Pence refused to get in the car because he didn’t trust anyone but his detail? “I trust you, Tim, but you’re not driving the car,” he added. “If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I’m not getting in the car.” https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/563513-pence-refused-to-leave-capitol-during-riot-book/

Now we have an arrest of two men “posing as federal agents, giving free apartments and other gifts to U.S. Secret Service agents, including one who worked on the first lady’s security detail.” 

The two men — Arian Taherzadeh, 40, and Haider Ali, 36 — were taken into custody as more than a dozen FBI agents charged into a luxury apartment building in Southeast Washington on Wednesday evening.

Prosecutors allege Taherzadeh and Ali had falsely claimed to work for the Department of Homeland Security and work on a special task force investigating gang and violence connected to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. They allege the two posed as law enforcement officers to integrate with actual federal agents.

Taherzadeh is accused of providing Secret Service officers and agents with rent-free apartments — including a penthouse worth over $40,000 a year — along with iPhones, surveillance systems, a drone, flat screen television, a generator, gun case and other policing tools, according to court documents.

He also offered to let them use a black GMC SUV that he identified as an “official government vehicle,” prosecutors say. In one instance, Taherzadeh offered to purchase a $2,000 assault rifle for a Secret Service agent who is assigned to protect the first lady.

Prosecutors said four Secret Service employees were placed on leave earlier this week as part of the investigation.
https://apnews.com/article/us-secret-service-956062f32e02854112b7c52794d202b2

What is going on within the Secret Service, and for how long has it been happening? What did Pence know?

For whom are these two guys working?

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
This is kind of spooky... so far no public word on what these guys were trying to accomplish

I did not hear about the incident with Pence. That's just odd.

It adds up to a very uneasy picture.

- DSK

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Caught by the postal police, after compromising the Secret Service.    That alone is amazing, especially after our leaders worked so hard to destroy the United States Postal Service.    This story looks big, but NPR is talking about some singer with an accent.

per cbs news, they were good.   Other residents in the building said the two — who held several apartments in the building that they said were "being paid for by DHS" — had access to residents' surveillance cameras, cell phones and other personal information. Authorities later learned that many of the buildings' residents were in the FBI, Secret Service and DHS. Others were members of the Department of Defense and the U.S. Navy.

A tricked Secret Service agent reported metro police weren’t any smarter.   The agent said they'd previously seen police respond to the apartment building about a complaint regarding Taherzadeh wearing police equipment. No action was taken, according to Witness 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about
There are a lot of mid east oil money kids in DC.  Could be some next level cosplay wannabes. 

Or something worse. Either way the Secret Service doesn't look good

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
There are a lot of mid east oil money kids in DC.  Could be some next level cosplay wannabes. 

Or something worse. Either way the Secret Service doesn't look good
They reportedly had control of the security cameras for the apartment complex.   They hung with FBI and the US Navy.    They tricked the police.   I’d they were just bored rich guys they were very good, and we were very lucky.    

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Caught by the postal police, after compromising the Secret Service.    That alone is amazing, especially after our leaders worked so hard to destroy the United States Postal Service.    This story looks big, but NPR is talking about some singer with an accent.

per cbs news, they were good.   Other residents in the building said the two — who held several apartments in the building that they said were "being paid for by DHS" — had access to residents' surveillance cameras, cell phones and other personal information. Authorities later learned that many of the buildings' residents were in the FBI, Secret Service and DHS. Others were members of the Department of Defense and the U.S. Navy.

A tricked Secret Service agent reported metro police weren’t any smarter.   The agent said they'd previously seen police respond to the apartment building about a complaint regarding Taherzadeh wearing police equipment. No action was taken, according to Witness 5.
Sorry Ish. I didn’t see your thread. Some very spooky issues. I wonder who is paying these guys. 

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Our politicians are for sale.  Our laws invite big money from whatever source to corrupt our institutions.  

Two bozos were caught.  We can be sure it is the tip of the iceberg.  

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Our politicians are for sale.  Our laws invite big money from whatever source to corrupt our institutions.  

Two bozos were caught.  We can be sure it is the tip of the iceberg.  
I hate to like this, but agree completely.    Except I don't think they were Bozos.   They must be very charismatic and personable, to bamboozle so many career spooks: FBI; Secret Service; Metro Police and DOD on pentagon duty.  They didn't keep a low profile, but made a lot of connections and clearly had significant improper influence.   One can only guess what the small talk between brothers in uniform over a few beers entailed.   

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
I hate to like this, but agree completely.    Except I don't think they were Bozos.   They must be very charismatic and personable, to bamboozle so many career spooks: FBI; Secret Service; Metro Police and DOD on pentagon duty.  They didn't keep a low profile, but made a lot of connections and clearly had significant improper influence.   One can only guess what the small talk between brothers in uniform over a few beers entailed.   
I prosecuted some local talent one time.  He turned to the jury and explained the whole thing.  (He was charged with armed robbery and was convicted of being a flim-flam artist).

He was quite impressive.  Still did ten years to the door for being a career criminal.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Sexy burkas?
WTF, that has to be the ultimate oxymoron……just sayin..

Giving “gifts” to federals and not expecting some level of scrutiny, hey it might work in Pakistan, I’m sure it probably does , in DC not so much.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
WTF, that has to be the ultimate oxymoron……just sayin..

Giving “gifts” to federals and not expecting some level of scrutiny, hey it might work in Pakistan, I’m sure it probably does , in DC not so much.
It seems the scrutiny was done by the non federal residents of the building.  All the others including SS agents FBI and DOD were tucking it up with them.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Ah, the cleansing morning chuckle. Someone got caught. 
And there in lies the problem.  Several got caught in rampant, outrageous behavior.  I'm glad we caught the only two bad actors.

Putin relies upon the decadent west to destroy itself.

I think he is wrong.

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about
Secret Service seems to be a bunch of dumb shits.  :huh:

------

The two fake Homeland Security agents who ingratiated themselves with federal law enforcement officers and plied them with lavish gifts allegedly duped Secret Service agents working on President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’ security detail, RealClearPolitics reports. When Arian Taherzadeh and Haider Ali were arrested on Wednesday, the FBI said they had bribed four unidentified Secret Service agents, one of whom worked on the first lady’s security detail. RealClearPolitics found out more about the other three, including that one is part of the security detail that accompanies Joe Biden almost everywhere, including in high-level meetings where classified information is discussed. Another agent is in the division assigned to protect Harris’ home

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fake-homeland-security-agents-arian-taherzadeh-haider-ali-duped-joe-biden-kamala-harris-detail-report-says?ref=home