It's coming, (winter)

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
Snow on the peaks behind the house this morning. One of my trees is done for the year. The leaves are on the ground now.

RIMG0344-XL.jpg

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Laves on the ground here in SE CT too.

BUT

Don't rush it Bmiller!!  Autumn is some of the best weather, and I detest winter cold.  With airline prices where they are, we are contemplating spending the 3rd week of January, Februay and March, in South Carolina with our daughters...

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
Oh I'm not rushing. September is my favorite month of the year. All the frigging tourists leave, kids go back to school, temps moderate, fish get hungry and when I had a boat on the reservoir fewer and fewer people came out.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Sailing doesn't even get decent here until November. It is still a long, windless (except thunderstorms), hot summer.

White Lightning2

Anarchist
PNW
Farmers almanac says the rest of you guys are going to have an "interesting" winter. 

Here in the PNW we will continue to slowly rust away, while fighting the giant slugs!!

WL

IStream

Super Anarchist
In order to keep from turning into social hermits, I just bought a fire pit for the back yard. I want to squeeze as many distanced happy hours with friends and neighbors as I can get out of 2020...

billy backstay

In order to keep from turning into social hermits, I just bought a fire pit for the back yard. I want to squeeze as many distanced happy hours with friends and neighbors as I can get out of 2020...

Plan on getting a propane fired one, when it gets chillier, can't be bothered with wood.  About a hundred bucks on Amazon...

billy backstay

I'm going with the natural gas already plumbed into my deck. 
I thought of that, but with a half inch propane line feeding the gas log in the fireplace, AND the new 5 burner cooktop, I don't want to overtax the system.  We wanted to do 3/4 line from tank to basement then split to two 1/2 inch, but suppliers were all out of stock of 3/4.  Plus, I want the ability to move it around the deck, and the small tank hides in the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

IStream

Super Anarchist
I thought of that, but with a half inch propane line feeding the gas log in the fireplace, AND the new 5 burner cooktop, I don't want to overtax the system.  We wanted to do 3/4 line from tank to basement then split to two 1/2 inch, but suppliers were all out of stock of 3/4.  Plus, I want the ability to move it around the deck, and the small tank hides in the bottom.
Fair enough. I've got a 3/4" line running from our gas supply out to the deck, where it necks down to 1/2" to the grill. I figure another 1/2" spur for the pit will do the job as long as I don't run both at full bore at the same time. If the need arises, I can retrofit with 3/4".

Aspen-Snowmass had a light dusting of snow last night.

New rules for this season:  No reservations, no on-mountain dining and no on-mountain, indoor restrooms.  Only outdoor tables for those who pack a lunch and potta-potties - ladies won't like unheated seats.

Capture Aspen Sept 1 2020.JPG

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
Plan on getting a propane fired one, when it gets chillier, can't be bothered with wood. 
Thissis howe I gette rid the bracnhes that come downe it my yarde.  Betweene the D-Firs, Silvere Maples, and  the sugar bushe, lottes of fuelle to burne.                                  :)

Last edited by a moderator: