J/111 Goes Sailing...

Jambalaya

Super Anarchist
Hamble / Paris
In order for the J/111 to be successful in Europe it will have to be built there, the cost savings from shipping alone are material.

Didier has been the European builder for over 10 years under various companies and is very well known. Some of the European building (J/97) has been taking place in Poland I heard, away from Sables D'Olonne where J-Composite/J-Europe were. Possibly this was a result of the recession.

ragbag

Anarchist
Are you bringing it down to race in SD? Or is a different boat coming here?
You must be getting a different boat down there. We stay up in the San Francisco Bay Area and coastal areas.
JK3 Enterprises in San Diego is commissioning hull #3 currently and has 2 more on order...

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/J-Boats-J111/21646521
Seems like they bought it as a stock boat, no end buyer yet. Somebody could move to the front of the line, take it off their hands.

Are you bringing it down to race in SD? Or is a different boat coming here?
You must be getting a different boat down there. We stay up in the San Francisco Bay Area and coastal areas.
JK3 Enterprises in San Diego is commissioning hull #3 currently and has 2 more on order...

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/J-Boats-J111/21646521
Seems like they bought it as a stock boat, no end buyer yet. Somebody could move to the front of the line, take it off their hands.
JK3 in San Diego just posted some pre-launch images of Hull #3 on their Facebook site. Interesting kelp cutter modifications and rudder cam...

Here is the link with the images:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=295164&id=226906342951&fbid=496521917951

Daimond

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Whats this?

/monthly_10_2010/post-34764-051878500%201288291378_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 4

EWS

Super Anarchist
i thought the point of not putting a real bulb on there was to keep the keel from catching stuff and to avoid the cost of a kelp cutter. and, what is adding a kelp cutter going to do for OD?...
A vertical to near vertical foil is always going to catch kelp regardless of the bulb style. You can restrict it's use during OD events but to race that thing in SD PHRF events without one is not going to help their phrf game much. Might as well not even leave the dock.

EWS

Super Anarchist
keel bolt backing plates cut away....stainless tube runs to the deck with an internal G10 rod....pretty standard practice these days

ExOmo

Best Anarchist Ever
The Great Void
Sailed the 'local' boat yesterday. Very nice. Not a lot of breeze but seemed to sail well under kite with a very neutral responsive helm.

Tommyboomer

Pretty nice.

Although doesn't seem like that could be 20-28 kts with very little white water? Am I missing something?
This was in Halifax Harbour - wouldn't be much room for sea build unless it was an easterly I would think. Crew flying to Halifax shortly to take a ride, I'll have a better impression then.

us7070

Super Anarchist
keel bolt backing plates cut away....stainless tube runs to the deck with an internal G10 rod....pretty standard practice these days

what do the engineers think about losing that much area on the backing plate?

looks risky to me...

Last edited by a moderator:

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
The video has been made private. I wonder why....?

It looks to me like the J/Boats censorship machine is working full throttle again. Controlling the information released about the J/111 so that the only press it gets is good press. The instant someone questions the content of something regarding this boat, describes it negatively or puts anything regarding it in a place where the reaction could be negative (for instance, Sailing Anarchy) they clamp down on it harder than a fat person on a krispy kreme. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen with the J/111 and I doubt it will be the last.

solosailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
It looks to me like the J/Boats censorship machine is working full throttle again. Controlling the information released about the J/111 so that the only press it gets is good press.
How do they do that? Maybe time to take off the tin foil hat.

ragbag

Anarchist
The video has been made private. I wonder why....?

It looks to me like the J/Boats censorship machine is working full throttle again. Controlling the information released about the J/111 so that the only press it gets is good press. The instant someone questions the content of something regarding this boat, describes it negatively or puts anything regarding it in a place where the reaction could be negative (for instance, Sailing Anarchy) they clamp down on it harder than a fat person on a krispy kreme. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen with the J/111 and I doubt it will be the last.
This is America. Businesses spend time and resources amplifying the good news and negating the bad. Most people called it 'marketing'. It is not a sin or a crime in a capitalist society. At least not yet.