J-41 w/ open transom and frac rig on the bay

Listing # 230847728607

Gotta love the description or lack there of.... Seller also states that this is the smallest boat Jboats ever built and it's capable of 20 mph, that's right mph.

Interesting cut out transom and looks like it may be a frac rig as the rig seems further forward.

Not mine so not buying an ad.

Great White

Super Anarchist
Bremerton, WA USA
An ad that was written by someone that surely does not know what they are talking about. Can't spell. And not really sure what kind of boat it is. Nelson Marek? J41? Doesn't really look like a J41 to me.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
An ad that was written by someone that surely does not know what they are talking about. Can't spell. And not really sure what kind of boat it is. Nelson Marek? J41? Doesn't really look like a J41 to me.

Yeah but he's right, it's not a morgan and it's certainly not for armatures. Not sure why saying that the un named (unknown?) builder would be one of the best in the world and build 'tons of sailboats out there'

FB- Doug

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
1986 carbon fiber boat?? I dont remember too many carbon fiber IOR boats in 1986.
I interned at ACY (Annapolis Custom Yachts) in the spring of 1986. They were building a IOR rule Frers 50 footer (one of the many 'Merrythought' s). She was carbon-kevlar.

shortbus

Anarchist
The Bay
Cabin doesn't look like my J-41. Confusing why the EBay says Nelson Merek and the write up is about a J-41.
I sailed on a J-41 (way) back when I was in school at MMA and seem to remember that there were only 4 of that model built so it shoudln't be that tough to track them all down. Our of curousity, is that the boat you now own?

mikehoyt

could this be a NM 39? There is one called Boss Lady in St John, New Brunswick I believe and iot looks very similar ....