J/80 Worlds

Last edited by a moderator:
OK lets get this one started... Only a week away. Whos going?
I am! Haven't eaten a thing in over 3 weeks! Boy.... the second I am done with the weigh in, look out!

Will be on Argo iii from NH.

Dude! Sail 3 up, and eat all ya want.

Yep, did NA's in Nappy and KWRW the same year 3 up. If yer 3 up the class alows any crew weight.

What!!!!! You can sail 3 up on a J80??! Nobody told me that!!!!! I am still on apples and soda water!

Black Dog

Super Anarchist
I am! Haven't eaten a thing in over 3 weeks! Boy.... the second I am done with the weigh in, look out!

What!!!!! You can sail 3 up on a J80??! Nobody told me that!!!!! I am still on apples and soda water!

Allright I am stupid. What is 3 up?

Sail with a blade?

Allright I am stupid. What is 3 up?

Sail with a blade?
Black Dog, I did not know either, but it looks like we are simply talking about how many crew the boat has. J80's have a crew weight limit of 745 lbs (actually the max weight is in kilograms, but 745 pounds is the conversion), however it seems that if you sail 3 up (with only 3 crew) there is no weight limit so total crew weight can be more than 745 pounds, but I bet you have to work like hell with only three crew. The Stock family who has been doing very well recently sailing 5 up! boy they each must be light!