J105 time share in NY Harbor

Sailors NYC

NYC
Looking for J105 boat owners in the NY Harbor area who may be interested in getting all their expenses including: insurance, maintenance and repairs and docking fees in return to time share rights for a new sailors club starting Spring 2013.

jesposito

Super Anarchist
Looking for J105 boat owners in the NY Harbor area who may be interested in getting all their expenses including: insurance, maintenance and repairs and docking fees in return to time share rights for a new sailors club starting Spring 2013.
Buy a shot gun and blow your brains out. It will be less painful and cheaper than sailing a J105

RumLine

Anarchist
Western LIS
How about posting some actual information on your "sailing club" or giving us some idea of how you plan to replace the sails once you destroy them.

Give us some info and maybe we'll play nice, until then...fuck off.

RumLine

Anarchist
Western LIS
So this was just spam? Or are you serious about your request?

SA Lurker

Anarchist
Buy a shot gun and blow your brains out. It will be less painful and cheaper than sailing a J105
Your opinion, or course, but based on speculation or experience?

jesposito

Super Anarchist
Your opinion, or course, but based on speculation or experience?
Experience

Sailors NYC

NYC
We are working on establishing a new sailors club in the NY harbor area. please check out our website: www.sailorsnyc.com

I welcome your constructive feedback on J105s. I sailed a few and heard only good things by boat owners. No boat is perfect (or am I wrong?).

re: my initiial request - please contact me: [email protected] Thank you!

Sailors NYC

NYC
How about posting some actual information on your "sailing club" or giving us some idea of how you plan to replace the sails once you destroy them.

Any ideas? (re: "how to replace sails once you destroy them?" The fuck off I can figure out all by myself :))

Cheers!

Part time boat ownership, full time wingnuts...
Based on experience?

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
Based on experience?
Extensive, painful, observation. Apart from the good folks at the front of the local fleet the class members seem to have a penchant for smashing into each other, blatant disregard for the racing rules, sail damage, poor tactics and poorer boatspeed. It gets to the point that, on mildly windy days, the local tow boat shadows the J/105 fleet while they race - knowing that one will eventually become a "vessel in distress". In short, they are 3rd or 4th tier sailors who show very little indication of improvement or recognition of their shortcomings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailors NYC

NYC
Based on experience?
Extensive, painful, observation. Apart from the good folks at the front of the local fleet the class members seem to have a penchant for smashing into each other, blatant disregard for the racing rules, sail damage, poor tactics and poorer boatspeed. It gets to the point that, on mildly windy days, the local tow boat shadows the J/105 fleet while they race - knowing that one will eventually become a "vessel in distress". In short, they are 3rd or 4th tier sailors who show very little indication of improvement or recognition of their shortcomings.
so what would you suggest to do? (considering I am determined to go ahead with my plan...)

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
Find another boat to use for your project.

And remember the addage. To make a small fortune in the sailing industry first you must begin with a large fortune.

RumLine

Anarchist
Western LIS

Any ideas? (re: "how to replace sails once you destroy them?" The fuck off I can figure out all by myself :))

Cheers!
My guess is you're going to want to build some very large cash reserve accounts, which can only be generated by a large membership with small dues or small membership with large dues. You're going to want to get in touch with local sail lofts for repairs and start searching around for used sails that can be put on for your least talented sailors. You're going to need to hire some sort of staff to maintain these boats and keep track of everything going on...they're going to want to get paid market rates, don't go cheap on this one because you'll get what you pay for.

Based on your website, you're really trying to attract anyone who has ever heard of sailing before. I'm seeing images of yuppies young and old strapped to the mast of a J/105 while "sailing" around NY Harbor. All of this leads me to my next suggestion, get a really big insurance policy...I mean HUGE. Make sure your entity is structured in a way that completely protects you from liability, and even after that you should get some sort of policy for yourself. How do you pay for this? More dues...

Also, you might want to update your website a little. It comes off as very cheesy. Maybe I'm cynical, and maybe you came to SA to get some criticism...but I got douche chills.

For those Anarchists who have yet to visit the website, DON'T. It's really really gay...I mean you might want to go get tested after seeing it because you're probably HIV positive.

What_About_Bob__001.jpg

ssi

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your sailing impressions of J105 in its prime sub-planing sailing conditions of 1-3 knots of wind. I hope you make something positive out of this venture. Are dog owners allowed in your club?

Overall impression: My entire sailing life I have been watching the J/105s enviously - all those pretty plump hulls with those pretty sails with boat numbers on their glorious white sails J92, J97, J105, J109, J111, J120, J130, it's so cool how each boat's number is right there on the sail. I am sure that on some dictionaries distributed by US Army in Afganistan, Iraq and Pakistan there’s a photo of a J/105 is posted by the phrase “Know Everything There is to Know About Sailing But Were Afraid To Ask”. Our test sail day was typical Hudson River summer afternoon weather conditions - no wind, smelly water, ridiculous tide and occasional acid rain. The wind was close to top range for the boat before a reef should be put in; and, as anticipated by the iknow-it-all boat owner, the content drizzle turned into pouring rain which the owner told us to catch with our mouths because that's the only certain way to know if a bird is going to shit on his sails. Nevertheless, the boat was moving – almost at the speed of the wind, and the buzz of the engine was almost indescirnable behind the screams coming from the back of the cockpit. Its light and sleek in appearance but grossly overweight Adele-like body, to which the owner referred to as "hull" just moves gracefully through the water and makes being towed behind it by the safety harness almost enjoyable. The boat is also easy to operate for double handed crews - one person controls the throttle and the other yells from the bow - and the rigging is pretty straight forward as I could easily hold onto the fabric wrapped around the forestay and avoid being thrown off the boat by the sharp turns caused by judicious throttle application by my shipmate, thus avoiding the fate of our third crew member who was now floating face down, still held onto the strong stern cleat by the safety harness. Therefore, I concluded, one can easily sail the boat with an assistance of a novice crew, or even a drowned crew as you can steer the boat by balancing it against the drag caused by his/her half-submerged body in tow. The boat equally qualifies as a daysailer or a racer, because we all know that nobody really races during the daytime hours as that fails to conceal the engine exhaust fumes and what fun is in racing without running engines. As I sat there on the bow pulpit, straddling the cloth wrapped around the forestay and thinking of those days not long ago when I first experienced ejaculation while squeezing a firm pillow between my thighs, I started contemplating the possibility for cruising (though not as comfortable as other cruiser boats), only to have my thoughts rudely interrupted by the owner releasing the furling line from its cleat. I will finish this report after my post-op hormonal treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:

RumLine

Anarchist
Western LIS
We are working on establishing a new sailors club in the NY harbor area. please check out our website: www.sailorsnyc.com

I welcome your constructive feedback on J105s. I sailed a few and heard only good things by boat owners. No boat is perfect (or am I wrong?).

So is that it? No response to our numerous suggestions?

Calogero

What fucking difference does it make to you?

RumLine

Anarchist
Western LIS

What fucking difference does it make to you?
Sock Puppet or Newbie? Either way, fuck off.

Latest posts