j70 worlds

NoStrings

Super Anarchist
Richmond, CA
Gusts hit 38 kts at Pt Blunt, just west of the top of the course. It's still in the mid 20s ashore in the east bay and wicked chilly. I just loaned my best friend my dry suit.

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
i think the thing is, many people dont want to pay thousands to join a nice yc, only to have to deal w/ some drunk asshat walking around w/ a camera and microphone like he owns the place matters. At all.
FIFY

It is pointless trying to watch the shaky hand-held video with zero continuity accompanied by blown-out audio with no wind screen. Add the mindless suck-up commentary and I come up with a big emphatic "NO!"

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
Mt.Cleane cante cache a breake! I dide licke niew commerssialle wheare he playes guitar, cachey tune. :)

DaveK

Super Anarchist
I enjoyed watching race 4 where corinthian boat Christine Robin was winning at one point and ended up finishing 3rd. Unfortunately, I looked at results today and they where disqualified with a UFD!? Is that an over early thing? Not sure what BFD is either?

vtsail

Anarchist
Philly
UFD is a new starting penalty. Like a black flag but you only get disqualified if that start goes off and you are identified as over early. If that start results in a general recall you still get to have a crack at the next start.

Pro looper

It must be a NorCal thing just like PacCup,BBS, J70 worlds the people that make this site are its members

the three who run it are to busy Bitching, Boasting or Blathering

Great_lakes_racer

Anarchist
Bama
Can we talk about the fact that we all had to poke around hard for the results, rather than just having them on the yacht scoring event... and how much regatta network sucks... ugh

DaveK

Super Anarchist
Can we talk about the fact that we all had to poke around hard for the results, rather than just having them on the yacht scoring event... and how much regatta network sucks... ugh
Um no, I had no issues finding scoring or watching these live races! Regatta Networks is awesome! And so is Regatta Toolbox, which is who is showing the scoring.

It's very good coverage for live simulated graphic racing with no commentary and Mexican and Italy boats are bad ass!! Enjoy it for god fucking sakes! :) and find something else to complain about!