Jeep.

Dorado

Super Anarchist
My TJ is very comfortable because I threw the back seat away and bought some brackets that move the driver seat and the passenger seat rearward about 4 in.

I'm 6'4"

captpiratedog

Super Anarchist
El Mirage
Using my girlfriends jeep to move a few things...we.re not together anymore BTW......

FYI..jeep trans not going into drive from 2nd.. after a lot of searching for the correct answer on the internet and many wrong info...bad trans, need rebuilt, pump..and tons of other mis-information..  finally discovered it was a relay in the fuse box... 

1935601_1196118706206_5571531_n.jpg

avenger79

WI
agree. I ordered my Jeep because everything on the lot was A/C, Auto, hard top etc.

Young salesman I ordered from said I don't understand what you're ordering. old guy walks by and says "oh a "real" Jeep" LOL

no PW, PL, A/C or auto in mine. 

Iain A

Super Anarchist
Solomons/Pax Rvr
First Jeep an 85 CJ-7, off the lot with 400 miles, $ 8500.00, Inline 6, put over 250 K miles on it, even stock would go places most couldn't. Unfortunately, this was about the time the EPA started cracking down on emissions, and the motor was re-designed with a computer controlled/metered carb, vacuum lines out the wazoo, solenoids, etc. 

Grand Wagoneer (woody), Cherokees and Grand Cherokees also in the mix...

Venture a guess on the 2018 price tag approaching 45K...?

Rumor that the Chinese were considering buying the Jeep Brand, ouch!

Owen

Super Anarchist
Camarillo
On 9/21/2017 at 7:27 AM, captpiratedog said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that's about the only motor vehicle the OP should be eligible to operate... sorry AB, and I'm no saint, but didn't you just get out of the can for multiple DUI's??   I mean I guess you could drive the elephant in the room....

Owen

Super Anarchist
Camarillo
Unless I'm mistaken, that's about the only motor vehicle the OP should be eligible to operate... sorry AB, and I'm no saint, but didn't you just get out of the can for multiple DUI's??   I mean I guess you could drive the elephant in the room....
ah , sorry, I feel like a dick.  I won't bring it up again.  

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
That ain't a Jeep.

I had a (Never should have sold it) 1953 M38a1 that was unstoppable. I took the Cooper cross country tires off of it for that reason..... It wouldn't stop in the snow. After I put regular M/S 10 ply radials on it (7.5X34/16) It was a great driving car, as long as you didn't want to go over 45-50MPH, which I didn't. When we moved to the Caribbean, I seriously considered bringing it, but the import duty on a vehicle that old was insane. When we moved back to the states, I tried to buy it back from the guy who bought it from me..... He'd replaced the distributor cap..... I sold it to him for 2.4K, and he wanted 12K.... Needless to say I'm still Jeepless.

That ain't a Jeep.

I had a (Never should have sold it) 1953 M38a1 that was unstoppable. I took the Cooper cross country tires off of it for that reason..... It wouldn't stop in the snow. After I put regular M/S 10 ply radials on it (7.5X34/16) It was a great driving car, as long as you didn't want to go over 45-50MPH, which I didn't. When we moved to the Caribbean, I seriously considered bringing it, but the import duty on a vehicle that old was insane. When we moved back to the states, I tried to buy it back from the guy who bought it from me..... He'd replaced the distributor cap..... I sold it to him for 2.4K, and he wanted 12K.... Needless to say I'm still Jeepless.
I had a JC3B

could have bought another house with what I DUMPED in it

bought it stock, wore it out put a Buick V6  +++++++++++ Everyfucking thing I could do to it

I could put the towbar onto something and unlock the hubs on all 4 wheels

It's Not that I'm Not a Jeep Guy

I'm Not a coil spring auto roll over and die jeep guy

Mojo31

Super Anarchist
Loved my JK when I had it, and wouldn't mind picking up another.  Miss that thing.

And, in response to an earlier post, I'm sorry but life is too short to drive a minivan.

First Jeep an 85 CJ-7, off the lot with 400 miles, $ 8500.00, Inline 6, put over 250 K miles on it, even stock would go places most couldn't. Unfortunately, this was about the time the EPA started cracking down on emissions, and the motor was re-designed with a computer controlled/metered carb, vacuum lines out the wazoo, solenoids, etc. 

Grand Wagoneer (woody), Cherokees and Grand Cherokees also in the mix...

Venture a guess on the 2018 price tag approaching 45K...?

Rumor that the Chinese were considering buying the Jeep Brand, ouch!
Base price will be around $27k. Not too bad, Dana designed new axles for it. And yes it's a jeep, is your car not a car because it has roll up windows? 

I'm picking up a basic one, with only cruise and a/c. 

Owen, you are a dick, having said that I never made it to the can, 90 day rehab for me, year license suspension. 

PuffyJman

Super Anarchist
panhandle fla
agree. I ordered my Jeep because everything on the lot was A/C, Auto, hard top etc.

Young salesman I ordered from said I don't understand what you're ordering. old guy walks by and says "oh a "real" Jeep" LOL

no PW, PL, A/C or auto in mine. 
I get the no frills for a lighter weight and reliability, however I love an auto transmission especially when I rock crawl. The JK Rubicon is the best factory crawler to date. If I didn't need a Diesel truck for work I would have one as a daily driver.

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
 I love an auto transmission especially when I rock crawl. The JK Rubicon is the best factory crawler to date.
Adgreede, a tottalle nessesitey, burneng up cluches is foure newbiese.            :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorado

Super Anarchist
I'd  love to have that new Jeep and I get it with an automatic transmission with cruise control. The only real pain in the ass with my TJ is driving long distance without cruise control

I've got a 4.0 5-speed. You actually have to give it throttle to go downhill. 15 miles per gallon is all you're going to get

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Squirrel

Super Anarchist
We have been testing 3 of the 2018 JLs for nearly a year now.  Some good stuff.  Some not so good.  Some interesting power train options forthcoming.  More windshield rake and stop/start to help with fuel economy.

MS

mikewof

mikewof
Check out Rick Booth's Facebook page, he got an old Wileys Jeep on the road, after being stored for 35-some years.

That man is the Amadeus Mozart of bringing old engines back to life.

Dorado

Super Anarchist
We have been testing 3 of the 2018 JLs for nearly a year now.  Some good stuff.  Some not so good.  Some interesting power train options forthcoming.  More windshield rake and stop/start to help with fuel economy.

MS
What auto transmission are they using ?

MS
How does that start/stop gadget work with manual? Is the side vent functional?  Is.... oh nevermind.... 

Spies say an 8 speed automatic and 6 speed manual.

The "not so good" sounds ominous.