Joke

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
2rXKkax.jpg

Perth WA
I believe this joke/meme has now got its own ecosystem and appears to be growing. But it’s still a good joke. We need something to represent all the cultures/firearms/offensive weapons of the world….

FA16F7CE-CD59-4EE2-B00C-96F18731B444.jpeg

A47959EC-5C22-422A-B13C-E90235C2AA3F.jpeg

9E30EC98-FF2D-4B88-9A4F-BB26F0520BE4.png

How do you hide a dollar bill from a plastic surgeon?  You can't hide a dollar bill from a plastic surgeon

How do you hide a dollar bill from an internist?  Put it under the bandages

How do you hide a dollar bill from an orthopedic surgeon?  Put it in a textbook

How do you hide a Hundred dollar bill from a pediatrician?  You don't have to, they don't know what it looks like.

How do you hide a dollar bill from a General Surgeon?  Put it on his kid's forehead

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJohnB

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
I believe this joke/meme has now got its own ecosystem and appears to be growing. But it’s still a good joke. We need something to represent all the cultures/firearms/offensive weapons of the world….

View attachment 509395

View attachment 509396

View attachment 509397
It reminds me of a job I did in Pureto Rico 1999 pulling a hydrodtatic cooker out of Starkist plant to ship it back to New Zealand. One of the local contractor drove us from Mayaguez to Pouze, we stopped at a MacDonald for breaksfast as we sat down he pulls a chrome plated 45 out and places it on the table. The law over there requires if carry the payroll around you need to be armed and it needs to be seen when public. Big shock for guy from Kiwi land.

So it was Maccs with a 45.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
It reminds me of a job I did in Pureto Rico 1999 pulling a hydrodtatic cooker out of Starkist plant to ship it back to New Zealand. One of the local contractor drove us from Mayaguez to Pouze, we stopped at a MacDonald for breaksfast as we sat down he pulls a chrome plated 45 out and places it on the table. The law over there requires if carry the payroll around you need to be armed and it needs to be seen when public. Big shock for guy from Kiwi land.

So it was Maccs with a 45.
   I was on a boat rebuild project in the Yucatan and my first weekend down there one of our Mexican partners son picked me up on Sunday to show me the beach resort just up the road from the shipyard. I'm not talking beach resort as in Cancun, but the little palapa huts and hammock hostels and cheap waterfront bars that the locals partied at on the weekends. It was a pretty depressing scene and I was surprised that the spoiled son of the Jefe would even risk driving his little BMW on the dirt roads into the La Playa town. As we parked behind the Yucatecan equivalent to a Juke Joint he reached across me to open the glove box and pulled out a automatic pistol and checked the magazine and I almost jumped out of the car! I asked why we would go into a drinking establishment that a weapon was needed. He grinned at me and told me that we didn't need the gun at the seedy bar and carefully placed the pistol on the dashboard clearly visible from the outside. He proceeded to get out and I asked if I should roll up my window and lock the door. He said that the car would get way too hot and to leave the windows open. I pointed at the gun and asked if he wasn't afraid that the gun would get stolen and he said that there was no way anyone would steal his gun. I didn't understand that logic and as we started on our first cerveza he explained that gun ownership was pretty much an upper class thing, especially pistols. He said that the 'peons' would never even think of stealing his gun because the pistol was a symbol of his privilege and wealth and the gun would remain untouched as well as the car. I asked if someone did take his gun in defiance of that tradition then he would be unarmed and vulnerable to getting hijacked or shot with his own weapon. He laughed out loud at my ignorance and pulled a much bigger automatic out of his waistband and laid on the bar and told me that everyone knows that where there are guns involved in Mexico, that there are always more guns involved...

That reality slowly settled in on me and then he laughed again and told me the 'show gun' back on the dash of the car was actually loaded with blanks! I never felt like such a dumb Gringo... Had a great afternoon with him after all and he offered me a gun for the duration of my project at the shipyard!

I googled the shipyard and was surprised to see how it has grown since those days! 

fincanteri.jpg

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
It's only have pre-marital sex if you plan to get married.

Come to church on Sunday for more smart Biblical ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
What have scientists recently been able to grow in lunar soil?

Moon Pies!

Scientists Prove That Plants Can Grow in Soil From the Moon

The experiment is a milestone in the path to helping humans one day experience extended stays on the lunar surface

Gamillo.jpg

Elizabeth Gamillo

Daily Correspondent

May 13, 2022

plants_in_soil_from_the_moon5.jpg

The plants in lunar soil were compared to a control group of plants grown in volcanic ash and a lunar soil simulant known as JSC-1A. The lunar samples on the right do not appear as developed as the control samples grown in volcanic ash on the left. UF/IFAS photo by Tyler Jones