July 5th, the B-day of the bikini

Mark K

Super Anarchist
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/bikini-introduced  

On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. 

362CC27C00000578-0-_I_want_to_film_the_birth_just_in_case_Jeremy_sorts_himself_out_-m-10_1468313436026.jpg

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Some people really should wear full body armor to the beach.... Including the first and second people pictured on this thread.....

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
The original bikini - more daring than one might expect for 1946.

View attachment 276329
Ah, the full bush bursting out at the sides, as one would expect in the land of Courbet’s L’Origine du Monde. Showing my age, but today’s germophobes and their obsession with landing strips don’t know what they’re missing

Last edited by a moderator:

mad

Super Anarchist
Ah, the full bush bursting out at the sides, as one would expect in the land of Courbet’s L’Origine du Monde. Showing my age, but today’s germophobes and their obsession with landing strips don’t know what they’re missing
I’m glad to have missed that era. 

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Shootist Jeff said:
Hot girl, but as soon as I see those tats, I think *Meh*.  I just don't get it.  Why would you take an already beautiful work of art and spray graffiti all over it?

It just absolutely screams "Trailer Trash"!
Totally - I've never seen a tat no matter how elaborate or colourful that enhanced a woman's looks.

I've reached the point where I don't even care for jewelry anymore - looks like the chrome doodads they slathered on 50's cars.

A beautiful woman can't be improved with decoration.

Mark K

Super Anarchist
Shootist Jeff said:
Hot girl, but as soon as I see those tats, I think *Meh*.  I just don't get it.  Why would you take an already beautiful work of art and spray graffiti all over it?

It just absolutely screams "Trailer Trash"!
sigh....

cc0facce7bd62f954297ae05c8982700.jpg

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Totally - I've never seen a tat no matter how elaborate or colourful that enhanced a woman's looks.

I've reached the point where I don't even care for jewelry anymore - looks like the chrome doodads they slathered on 50's cars.

A beautiful woman can't be improved with decoration.

Bears repeating, as Jeff said above SJP, why spray grafitti on a beautiful piece of art..