Just Another High School Shooting

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
"An armed society is a polite society"

"Multiple injuries are being reported following a shooting at a high school south of Spokane. The Spokesman-Review says first responders are at Freeman High School in Rockford responding to the shooting. Radio traffic indicated at least five ambulances and a LifeFlight helicopter have been called to the scene, the newspaper reported. The Spokesman-Review reports five people have been shot and one victim has died. A suspect has been taken into custody, according to newspaper."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/spokane-schools-locked-down-following-reports-of-shooting/?utm_source=The+Seattle+Times&utm_campaign=2fbe963351-Alert_BREAKING%3A_Multiple_injuries_reported_followi

G

Bad Latte, this is a terrible tragedy.  The HS kid probably shouldn't have access to guns.  In fact I think its highly likely the kid was underage and therefore unable to legally purchase a gun.  And last I checked its illegal to bring a gun to a HS.  

So knowing the list of laws the kid broke just to have the gun and bring it to school - never mind the shooting itself - what specific steps do you recommend we do to stop a future incident like occurring?  What new legislation do we need?  

Registration?  Licensing?  Training?  Those are the things most commonly thrown out there by the grabbers?  Would any of those have stopped the shooting?

Honestly, I would like to know what you would propose to stem this?  Or is this just a the usual gun grabber circle jerk hand-wringing thread that occurs after every shooting so you can whine about the bad tools out there?  

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Bad Latte, this is a terrible tragedy.  The HS kid probably shouldn't have access to guns.  In fact I think its highly likely the kid was underage and therefore unable to legally purchase a gun.  And last I checked its illegal to bring a gun to a HS.  

So knowing the list of laws the kid broke just to have the gun and bring it to school - never mind the shooting itself - what specific steps do you recommend we do to stop a future incident like occurring?  What new legislation do we need?  

Registration?  Licensing?  Training?  Those are the things most commonly thrown out there by the grabbers?  Would any of those have stopped the shooting?

Honestly, I would like to know what you would propose to stem this?  Or is this just a the usual gun grabber circle jerk hand-wringing thread that occurs after every shooting so you can whine about the bad tools out there?  
wow, the dead kid ain't even cold yet.

Terrorvision

Super Anarchist

Just look at the rest of the world where high school shootings aren't a regular occurrence and do what they do?

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about

You are right in that there is nothing that can be done.  We live in a gun dystopia.  That's why I've said we should arm all teachers- with training, of course.  

Arm all teachers. Give kids bullet proof back packs.  That's about all there is to do. 

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about
Just look at the rest of the world where high school shootings aren't a regular occurrence and do what they do?
thinky.w710.h473.jpg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

Just spitballing here but not having an ocean of guns freely available to anyone who wants one works quite well here.

I can't remember the last school shooting we had here but they are so common in the States that we don't even hear about the majority of them on the news anymore.

But I know that such proven and obvious common sense escapes the gunnies so.......

Just get used to it - it's your future and it's only going to get worse.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
We don't even know who the shooter is or what his motivations were. How can we possibly discuss  cause-and-effect ??

Last edited by a moderator:

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Registration would stop this.
That's exactly what we're moving toward. Foo-tits Jeff and his crowd have run out of excuses, we had 8 people killed in a shooting in Dallas last week, and the hurricane moved it to the back page, they are so commonplace the media doesn't look twice anymore. The rest of America is getting tired of it and when that happens, things will happen.

mikewof

mikewof
You are right in that there is nothing that can be done.  We live in a gun dystopia.  That's why I've said we should arm all teachers- with training, of course.  

Arm all teachers. Give kids bullet proof back packs.  That's about all there is to do. 
As long as there are lots of guns, the handful of psychopaths are going to find them I guess.

But I saw something kind of neat at my town's police station a couple days ago ...

29wvorc.jpg

They won't help with school shootings, and they're too anemic to discourage an older kid with even a basic tool, and a lot of owners won't use them because they want to keep their gun ready for the hypothetical home invader that almost never actually exists ... BUT that they're free is a good thing, they probably distributed a few thousand of these, maybe a few tens of thousands, I bet some childrens' lives are saved.

I think the best way to distribute these things -- better than the free box at the police station -- is to send them to gun clubs, encourage the members to take a couple with them, throw them in the glove box, and give them away to anyone they meet who needs a half-assed way to secure their gun. (Better than nothing, anyway.) At least gun owners trust other gun owners to give them a lock.

Last edited by a moderator: