Just Another High School Shooting

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Mohammed Bin Lyin said:
Do we have a chain of custody with this incident and Sandy Hook? 

Was this achieved without registration?
No, because we don't have gun registration silly.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Brandishing and walking around with a weapon are very different things.
Not to the founding fathers, you poser. This is at the heart of the history in Heller. It was not laid out honestly to Scalia.

Ample court judgements in Colonial days state that the mere presence of a weapon was disturbing to the Kindome. Intent to use a weapon, or hiding the weapon, raised the infraction from misdemeanor to felony. 

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Not to the founding fathers, you poser. This is at the heart of the history in Heller. It was not laid out honestly to Scalia.

Ample court judgements in Colonial days state that the mere presence of a weapon was disturbing to the Kindome. Intent to use a weapon, or hiding the weapon, raised the infraction from misdemeanor to felony. 
The definition of Brandishing in the US Statute (the only one that matters for this discussion) includes "menacing", and the mere existence of a firearm does not satisfy the legal definition "menacing".  Raising it to point at an individual?  That's menacing.  You know that, but will continue to obfuscate in your myopic pursuit of firearms eradication.  

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
BS. Buying a weapon from a licensed seller provides a record that I'd bet my firstborn goes into a fed database. 
According to our local gun slingers, those records are kept in paper form at the sellers.  They are not forwarded to the feds.

Registration should be all encompassing, cradle to grave, and cover all transfers and all weapons.  And electronic.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
What I find interesting is that when there is a case of Constitutional infringements that they care about, their panties are waded up so tight they can't breathe.  Like this for example:

Its important to follow the Constitution..... sometimes.
Motel 6 didn't infringe the constitution. That's been discussed. That doesn't mean that potential customers may decide to avoid the Vichy French Hotel Chain.  Again, no constitutional issue there, either. 

Now, back to your regularly scheduled(after every school shooting, ad infinitum cause they just keep happening) gunz shitfight.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Motel 6 didn't infringe the constitution. That's been discussed. That doesn't mean that potential customers may decide to avoid the Vichy French Hotel Chain.  Again, no constitutional issue there, either. 
There may be a constitutional issue here.  Did the police request the intel or was it provided without request?  The police asking for the information without a warrant is unconstitutional. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
The definition of Brandishing in the US Statute (the only one that matters for this discussion) includes "menacing", and the mere existence of a firearm does not satisfy the legal definition "menacing".  Raising it to point at an individual?  That's menacing.  You know that, but will continue to obfuscate in your myopic pursuit of firearms eradication.  
I'd rather they carriers OC than CC.

I know I'm in the minority on this.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
According to our local gun slingers, those records are kept in paper form at the sellers.  They are not forwarded to the feds.

Registration should be all encompassing, cradle to grave, and cover all transfers and all weapons.  And electronic.
We wish. My guess is when a sale is made at an electronic register, a couple of electrons indicating a weapons sale combine with the "private" info and go into a dark hole of server farmland and is sorted several ways, certainly by state, county, town ... 

I've always hunched the jackbooted thugs would be directed from the left side of the aisle.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
There may be a constitutional issue here.  Did the police request the intel or was it provided without request?  The police asking for the information without a warrant is unconstitutional. 
true, although I interpreted it as an overly patriotic hotel guy.....

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Cite, please? Please note that there is a distinct legal difference between asking for something and the taking of that thing. 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL

The records are supposed to be kept by the sellers and not stolen by the Feds but that isn't always what happens.

Even the Canadians couldn't stick with something less ambitious than what you're asking for. And they're considerably less Uncooperative. 

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Cite, please? Please note that there is a distinct legal difference between asking for something and the taking of that thing. 
If the cops requested the list from Motel 6 and the night clerk denied the request citing no warrant, would that be constitutional issue?

Why would the cops request something they didn't have a constitutional right to?

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
If the cops requested the list from Motel 6 and the night clerk denied the request citing no warrant, would that be constitutional issue?

Why would the cops request something they didn't have a constitutional right to?
To the 1st - if they took it from the night clerk after being refused - damn skippy - clear violation of the 4th.  If they asked and the night clerk gave it to 'em?  No issue, as far as I know.  The issue arises not from the asking, but, from taking without either a warrant or permission. 

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
To the 1st - if they took it from the night clerk after being refused - damn skippy - clear violation of the 4th.  If they asked and the night clerk gave it to 'em?  No issue, as far as I know.  The issue arises not from the asking, but, from taking without either a warrant or permission. 
Who's 4th rights have been violated?  The night clerk or the ones on the list?  The method of acquiring the list without a warrant doesn't matter.