Just Another High School Shooting

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Listened to a senior at Santa Fe HS being interviewed tonight. She's about to graduate. Her thoughts on the shooting?

"We need more guns. If more people had guns in school, they could have stopped this. There were 2 cops in school. One of them was so like completely detrimental to the situation! He saved a lot of lives"

And this is what we're graduating from HS.... Seriously....

Maybe she should be put back in 8th grade, to try again....

:rolleyes:

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Such a sad day for America, again, leaving so many random innocent peoples lives shattered.

When will the USA start too address the violent anger issues, that seem to continue too circle around and around through the American culture....

How do you change that?
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Nah, only the TeamR ones and a tiny handful from TeamD don't see how people like you and me owning (assault weapons, ordinary .22's) causes violence in other people.

The rest are on board with banning (assault weapons, ordinary .22's).
The dynamics at work here are most interesting, and it will be fascinating to see how they affect our legislators before their midterms. How many more kids die before November, Tom?

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
I don't know. How many deaths did your ownership of that SCAR cause?
No need to answer Tom, we just had another shooting.

Breaking: Multiple people shot at Mt. Zion High School, police say

Source: Atlanta Journal Constitution

Multiple people have been shot at Mt. Zion High School, police said. 

Clayton County police are on the scene and investigating, Channel 2 Action News reported. 

The school is in Jonesboro off Mt. Zion Parkway. 

No other details have been released, including how many people were shot or the extent of anyone’s injuries.

Read more: https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/breaking-multiple-people-shot-mount-zion-high-school-police-say/fKmGV5rP6tZA1QthMTtyCN/ 

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Allow me to kick the NRA while they're down.

get

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Yes, we both know that your assault weapon ownership and mine have both caused the same number of deaths.

So did you care more about murderers than children before you sold your assault weapon?
I saw the light and you will too after they drag you screaming holding on to that .22 while they take it away.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Yes, we both know that your assault weapon ownership and mine have both caused the same number of deaths.

So did you care more about murderers than children before you sold your assault weapon?
I saw the light and you will too after they drag you screaming holding on to that .22 while they take it away.
Yes, yes, we know all about your change in status from assault weapon owner to dealer.

I'm asking about prior to becoming a dealer, when you were an owner. Back then, did you care more about murderers than kids?

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Yes, yes, we know all about your change in status from assault weapon owner to dealer.

I'm asking about prior to becoming a dealer, when you were an owner. Back then, did you care more about murderers than kids?
I'll answer when you give me an answer to shooting your wife.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
OK, so you might have cared more about murderers than kids, but won't say.

I'll say: I don't care about murderers and don't think banning and confiscating my .22 will save any lives. It's just something TeamD wants to do because gun ownership is identified with TeamR and the other team must always be punished, whether or not it makes sense.

PBO

Super Anarchist
More shot & murdered, what a celebration of American freedoms & societal values

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
OK, so you might have cared more about murderers than kids, but won't say.

I'll say: I don't care about murderers and don't think banning and confiscating my .22 will save any lives. It's just something TeamD wants to do because gun ownership is identified with TeamR and the other team must always be punished, whether or not it makes sense.
Sounds like a cop-out. 

A

Amati

" those looking to acquire a handgun need a permit valid for a maximum of nine months "?

My browser doesn't show page numbers..
You might try looking at the bottom left corner of the linky & they are very small, but there’s a page number with a little arrow that turns the page, at least on my iPad.  It’s under ‘results and discussion’ of Swiss gun laws (‘Gun Control Laws in Switzerland) initially there’s one 6 month stretch for handguns, and then you have to renew every 3 months-

Last edited:

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Listened to a senior at Santa Fe HS being interviewed tonight. She's about to graduate. Her thoughts on the shooting?

"We need more guns. If more people had guns in school, they could have stopped this. There were 2 cops in school. One of them was so like completely detrimental to the situation! He saved a lot of lives"

And this is what we're graduating from HS.... Seriously....

Maybe she should be put back in 8th grade, to try again....

:rolleyes:
Adolescents echo their parent's beliefs.  They haven't had the opportunity to do any real thnking.  

Latest posts