Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Moderate said:
Specious,

Go blow a dog, Im going for a run.

You bore me
Too funny.  I really got your goat.  

Can't handle it can you cuck?

Didn't realize there were such snowflakes in Hawaii.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
When grabbers offer something besides gun bans and confiscation programs.

What have you offered?

You started a thread on gun violence, meaning mostly suicides, so what kind of gun control will help with the big problem, suicides?

I'd consider it a bonus if your solution didn't involve gun bans and confiscation programs like the one your state had planned for this summer. You haven't commented on the federal judge shutting that down. Unimportant to you?
I believe registration, licencing and safe storage have been mentioned far more often..(by a zillion times) than banning and confiscation.

I only casually skim these threads but the general impression I take away is like a bell curve..a few extremists on either side.  

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
When grabbers offer something besides gun bans and confiscation programs.

What have you offered?

You started a thread on gun violence, meaning mostly suicides, so what kind of gun control will help with the big problem, suicides?

I'd consider it a bonus if your solution didn't involve gun bans and confiscation programs like the one your state had planned for this summer. You haven't commented on the federal judge shutting that down. Unimportant to you?
Tom, here you go again, you offer nothing and demand that I recycle a suggestion. This isn't about me, this is about you being helpful to the problem and the fact is you can't. You're so avulsed to anything that impedes free and expansive ownership of guns, you can't think beyond that. You are reduced to using pointed words and phraseology to defeat ideas. The fact is you've become boring, I wish you would sit back and think of something new for a change. 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Tom, here you go again, you offer nothing and demand that I recycle a suggestion. This isn't about me, this is about you being helpful to the problem and the fact is you can't. You're so avulsed to anything that impedes free and expansive ownership of guns, you can't think beyond that. You are reduced to using pointed words and phraseology to defeat ideas. The fact is you've become boring, I wish you would sit back and think of something new for a change. 
OK, so this summer's confiscation program out in your state is a boring subject to you.

It's not to me. Sorry.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
You know, there are very few "ideals" in this world that don't boil down to monetary self interest.

Religious intolerance and terrorism are based on it... 

I'm betting that if Tom actually did a little self reflection on where his intransigence comes from it would boil down to..even with tiny registration fee for admin purposes, like $20 PA..the total cost would be more than he feels comfortable with.

How any honest law abiding person ( and I'm assuming Tom is such) can argue that registering your fire arms is some deep infringment of your 2A rights. 

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
OK, so this summer's confiscation program out in your state is a boring subject to you.

It's not to me. Sorry.
You were boring or elsewhere, you turkey. You spent the summer off the gun forums, yet Rome was burning after Kolbe and Peruta. Your.22 caliber dead horse is not even relevant. The Tom Ray missile trajectory is aimed into a ditch. And now you avoid the historical details of the FF era on our forums. 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I believe registration, licencing and safe storage have been mentioned far more often..(by a zillion times) than banning and confiscation.

I only casually skim these threads but the general impression I take away is like a bell curve..a few extremists on either side.  
I haven't seen anyone else mention extremists on the gun control side.

For example, no one has said, "Maybe New Jersey went a bit too far in making an ordinary .22 with a fixed magazine an assault weapon."

No one has said, "Maybe California shouldn't seize all those magazines and should allow PB to buy the latest model Glock if he wants one."

None have said, "It's a good thing the NRA is likely to prevent those extremists in FL from passing their ban on ordinary .22's."

I'm glad to see at least one person with whom I might have a reasonable conversation on this subject. Recognizing that grabbers can go too far is an important first step.

I have stated my problem with registries many times. The problem is simple: grabbers close them. If they'd stop doing that, I'd have little problem with them. But they won't, so I do. You can see why they won't. Among the things you won't find from anyone but gun nutz around here is someone saying, "Maybe the Supreme Court was right that DC and Chicago should not have had closed registries, aka bans."

jocal505

near Seattle, Wa

For example, no one has said, "Maybe New Jersey went a bit too far in making an ordinary .22 with a fixed magazine an assault weapon."

No one has said, "Maybe California shouldn't seize all those magazines and should allow PB to buy the latest model Glock if he wants one."
You can stand down, since this isn't up to you. New Jersey and California voters made those decisions. The laws were tweaked and monitored by upper courts, and they are the law of the land now. That's how it works per the constitution. 

But thanks for your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

None have said, "It's a good thing the NRA is likely to prevent those extremists in FL from passing their ban on ordinary .22's."

I'm glad to see at least one person with whom I might have a reasonable conversation on this subject. Recognizing that grabbers can go too far is an important first step.

I have stated my problem with registries many times. The problem is simple: grabbers close them. If they'd stop doing that, I'd have little problem with them. But they won't, so I do. You can see why they won't. Among the things you won't find from anyone but gun nutz around here is someone saying, "Maybe the Supreme Court was right that DC and Chicago should not have had closed registries, aka bans."
Simple question..are those items banned?? as in..no one is allowed to possess one? No way I'm getting into the cog pins of this debate.

And maybe if we stopped using inflamatory terms such as gun nutz and grabbers it might help?

jocal505

near Seattle, Wa
It happened because of your insane gun culture

Nothing else to discuss.

However I'm sure the gunnies will come back with their usual bullshit rationalizations about "tools" etc. And when all else fails they can always fall back on "Fuck You - 2A"
Even "Fuck You - 2A" may be workable. It only sticks on the urban myth level.

Justice Kennedy is credited with a half dozen unambiguous caveats within Heller which are now being used in court. The principal battle ahead is that Heller applies individual gun violence rights only within the home. Outdoor gun violence rights WILL have means, manner, and location restrictions applied by and supported within states. Such limitations are already established and considered constitutional (even in states which have explicitly individual gun rights such as CT).

Jeffie Poo has this bit where the constitution protects us from popular (but unconstitutional)  ideas . (If people ever voted to lynch blacks, Jeff's "connie" would step in, etc.) That is exactly what happened in Kolbe. Urban myth was demanding that AW models are already in "common use,"  and are therefore protected. The circuit court noted the math as a 1% ownership factor, identified the potential and nature of the tool, and used the language and thunder of Scalia's Heller flagship to exclude them from constitutional protection.

The History accepted within Heller is a farce. It claims that armed confrontation was acceptd in 18th Century England and in the Colonies (thereby somehow upending Blackstone's judicial principles). Additionally, the history within MacDonald mis-represented the state laws at the time of the ratification of the 14th Amendment, and the intentions of that convention. The Breyer dissent in MacDonald waved a red flag, that thirty four professional historians were offering further information.

Both Heller and MacD were narrow decisions based on poor input. I think the upper courts are sharp enough to factor in the emerging, factual history, not incomplete falsehoods. We'll see.

The SA Gun Club has produced no historians except El Dorado of the Empty Boots. LMFAO.

A

Amati

FWIW, the guys at the local hardware store were all doing open carry today.  Buying a bit of TB2 and 1000 grit sandpaper. More autos than revolvers.  9 mm seem to be the open carry of choice.  

Neighborhood kids freaked out.  

Last edited:

jocal505

near Seattle, Wa
FWIW, all the guys at the local hardware store were all doing open carry today.  Buying a bit of TB2 and 1000 grit sandpaper. More autos than revolvers.  9 mm seem to be the open carry of choice.  
They might get attacked by bullied kids from the local school? 

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
FWIW, the guys at the local hardware store were all doing open carry today.  Buying a bit of TB2 and 1000 grit sandpaper. More autos than revolvers.  9 mm seem to be the open carry of choice.  

Neighborhood kids freaked out.  
Actually..after a lot of thought, I've come down on the side of open carry v concealed. :D

A

Amati

They might get attacked by bullied kids from the local school? 
Like I was asking.  A lot of anxious looks trading around.  Some holsters strapped, some not.  Didn't seem like a good idea to look too closely or too long.  Especially the big guy with the .357.  He seemed a bit jumpy.

And the chip reader was slow.  Nervous conversation....ha ha!  Reader at Albertson's is faster, ha ha...

Last edited: