Key west Race Week

Grinder

Super Anarchist
Chicago, IL
"Excitement at the start of Race 1 in Div 3 . Most of it in the ORC 2 class with Swordfish OCS having to restart. Rumb Punch hooked itself on the starting pin boat at the West end of the line. Eagles Eye had her lower starboard lifeline part and three of their crew went overboard. It took about 5 minutes for Rhumb Punch to work free of the pin boat and nearly 10 minutes for Eagles Eye to recover her crew. At both incidents, Storm Trysail Club boats stood by to assist should it be needed. One of them was our Medical boat with Doc Gino aboard at the ready."

Will

Other than some guy trying to sell clothing and predicting the weather, is there going to be any KWRW coverage or are they above all of that . . .
Twitter has a feed and so does their web site. It is not great feedback, but better than nothing. Sometimes it is slow refreshing, not sure why. Pretty cool with photographers posting photos inside the blog. Looks like a pretty nice day to sail.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
If KW is a success this year, we will be back next year to do it right. Sponsors too tired of being burned by the lack of interest in KWRW over the past few years to pony up for this one.

Will

If KW is a success this year, we will be back next year to do it right. Sponsors too tired of being burned by the lack of interest in KWRW over the past few years to pony up for this one.
It would be great to see you back down there in some form. With the now technology, I think you would be able to do a great show live from the water.

I remember how excited I used to get just reading bow numbers at mark roundings in the forums...

You seem to be the only one asking - the demand for it seems to have dried up
Actually a lot of us would like to see coverage, just quiet about it, and looking elsewhere since you guys have stopped covering it.
You can't see thru Mr Cleans bullshit answer? 54 boats in one division? A brand new high performance 30 foot class with 12 boats ?

Rolex yachtsman of the year? New organizers with decades of proven track record and top tier sponsors? Come on man! So much to cover down there. There is a shitload of social media covering this already. Our tools are spending more energy on a M32 racing phrf in a shitbox club division in San Diego and talking about dengue fever. Sponsors as leaving SA, not KWRW. All the pros are in key west this week. When this guy was proposing to his wife down there it was the coolest place in the world. Now he's on the outside looking in, so it's insignificant.

I can get him press creds if he's been turned down. If he shows he can be my date at the STC party I'd be happy to bring him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts