Kleen Breeze

Solarbri

Wyoming
Seems Kleen Breeze is “sale pending”. Anybody we know? Paging Solarbri!
Eell, I had every intention of persuing this. The price is/was right. But, when I returned home from this winters cruise, my daughter let me know that it’s time for me to be staying in the mountains for the next few years. 

So, unfortunately, I’m out. 

Foiling Optimist

Super Anarchist
Vancouver BC.
Kenny's bump caused me to reread this thread. Like all things proa, it's so strange. SolarBri, shows all the signs in the beginning of being a starry eyed dreamer  and taking on more than he can chew, but then in the middle of the thread, describes the situation and his options with great clarity, rationality and laudable emotional distance as he elects to stand down. Zonker proposes a general policy not buying weird boats and then admits dreaming about a Gougeon 32, but then Russel Brown appears and endeavours not to start anything, but this was just months before Brown was to set a tremendous solo record on a G32 in the 2018 R2AK thus greatly raising the sale value of that boat, which in turn demonstrates that it is not weird at all. Then there is as-it-happened coverage of Jzerro's race win in Mexico which was again discussed on the New York to San Francisco thread here on Sailing Anarchy literally days ago. And the proa wars threatened to start but no one could find any drone footage of a proa tacking so it all fizzled out. And those Sailing Kittiwake kids are still at it, have a bigger boat and have made about 146 videos to date. And I guess there is still hope that Kleen Breeze will get sailing and we may yet see some drone footage of this fine vessel sailing, and perhaps even tacking. 

Last edited by a moderator:

harryproa

Anarchist
Kleen Breeze was bought by an expat American, who then got tied up with rego problems and Covid.  It is currently on the hard in southern Spain getting electric motors fitted.  The unstayed wing masts are out for remedial work on the sail tracks (bolting to carbon masts is fraught, much better to integrate the track into the build).  I'm not sure what other work is planned or when it will be back in the tide.  

lucdekeyser

belgium
Kleen Breeze was involved in a collision off Tenerife https://twitter.com/salvamentogob/status/1489913572763258880

"Collision ship MSC Romane and sailboat Kleen Breeze that remains with leak 72 miles #LaGraciosa
Our #Tenerife center mobilizes Helimer 215 and Guardamar Calliope, whose intervention in the end is not necessary.
MSC Romane communicates: safe and sound on board the 3 sailboat crew."

MSC Romane is 300m large containership.

Damage assessment from the current owner: "we still have found no evidence of taking on water beyond the very small sealed foam filled caps on tthe ends of the hulls. One mast shattered about 10 meters up and a rudder was ripped from it´s place but otherwise she seems to have only suffered cosmetic damage. I am overwhelmingly impressed with the toughness of the hulls and beams"

eric1207

Anarchist
Seattle
Appears to be calm water in the link.  I wonder what the circumstances were.  What a shame, its such a cool boat but seems very repairable.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 10.34.15 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lucdekeyser

belgium
The mast is maybe only cracked at 10m high and the rudder may have been ripped from its place stressing the existing kick up protection mechanism? The rudder/board attachments were heavily engineered.

harryproa

Anarchist
For sale in Lanzarote, needs a new mast, some work on one rudder and some cosmetic patching from the collision.  

eric1207

Anarchist
Seattle
If Lamplighter is currently anchored next to Kleen Breeze please send us pictures and let us know if it still "looks" for sale. Its not for me, BTW.