KWRW Predictions?

buckeye

Out of curiosity, why did your boat owner switch classes. If I recall he had a 70 before selling it and getting a C and C 30. He certainly was paying for crew when in the 70 and the boat was always perfectly maintained. Certainly the 70's get more boats on the line and have a greater talent pool than the C and C in numbers alone.

Wang

detroit
Brutus while I am not one to speak for Dan or anyone for that matter I think from what he has told me is as simple as looking at his previous boats he owned (1d35, mumm 30) and his background of sailing on a bunch of the older 2 tonners and 1 tonners when he was in his youth. Like I said I won't speak for the man but I know we are really enjoying the fact that the 30 is such a dynamic boat and has many different modes

buckeye

Fair enough. Just curious. A 30 or 35 footer does have a much better feel upwind than the 70. It is always cool to get a 1d35 dialed in and trucking.

Have a great summer and I hope for the continued growth of the class. It fills a much needed void in sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts