Kyle Rittenhouse trial

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
But they do have ~1 million fewer than they did a couple of years ago, so there is that.

I really, really don't want to see Australia's population grow. I've seen Sydney more than double in my lifetime. Nothing about that has convinced me that more people, less infrastructure per capita and more crowed surrounds is any sort of nett benefit to human happiness. Quite the contrary IMO.

FKT
I bet the population is still rising.

Sex is just too much fun.

- DSK

Se7en

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I would not make that argument.

If they are harming or threatening your livestock, kill  them.  
hmmm - I used to kill crows without remorse. Only animal that was true of, including fish for the table. I'd now prefer not to do so. (and now live in a city and none of my family run sheep anymore, so am probably safe there).

I've also had to put down sheep that have been mauled by dogs, and nurse survivors. Although my father still maintains that the single bloodiest sheep he has ever seen is one that i sheared.

The couple of incidents where dogs have had to be shot have made me sad, and I was glad I wasn't the one to have to do it. But I also appreciate the necessity.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I bet the population is still rising.

Sex is just too much fun.
Only by immigration.

We all worked out how to have sex without pregnancies. A lot of your religious nutcases haven't wanted to do that.
A lot of the world's religious nutcases want to stop it. Not just USAnean.

Latest Republican craziness/freedom is to have contraception be illegal even for married couples.

- DSK

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Pragmatism 101: Sex is one of the big 3 biological imperatives: Eat, Survive, Reproduce. We have now out reproduced most of our obvious predators. Fun wasn't a factor in the development. Kinda maybe have to wonder if all this current gender ... uh ... uncertainty ... is a biological correction to remove breeding individuals.

Mike in Seattle

Super Anarchist
Latte land
I'll settle for a broad generalization.

In the USA you have a huge population, with 90million+ more guns than people. You have a culture and history that glorifies the tough guy with a gun. You have a higher than average proportion of stupid and crazy.

In Australia, we don't have any of those things.

That's why we are not at risk of being randomly gunned down by strangers.

Don't bother arguing with me. I know I'm right, and you're missing out on time that could be spent fondling your dogballs.
Tell us your solution for criminal control

klt6dshrtij51.png

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Kyle Rittenhouse should be doing life in prison.
Bullshit he defended himself from multiple attacks and was correctly acquitted of all charges.    I hope he gets millions from those media sources that lied continuously about what happened, that night.   I'm with the group that he should not have been there with a gun, but that does not remove his right to defend himself from people trying to injure or kill him. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Bullshit he defended himself from multiple attacks and was correctly acquitted of all charges.    I hope he gets millions from those media sources that lied continuously about what happened, that night.   I'm with the group that he should not have been there with a gun, but that does not remove his right to defend himself from people trying to injure or kill him. 
One-bicep guy should've been quicker on the trigger, so you could celebrate HIS vigilantism vs Kyle's. You know you would, you love winners!