Kyle Rittenhouse trial

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I've answered that question several times now....  No attacking someone retreating from a scene is most certainly NOT self-defense.  It's one of the first things they teach you in concealed carry class.  If an assailant stops his attack and then retreats, they are no longer an imminent threat to you and you cannot shoot them.  If you do, you incur significant legal risk. 

Even the bogus claim of SYG doesn't apply here either.  Those people were not standing their ground, they were advancing, attacking a kid who was trying to retreat from the mob.  If anything, the people who attacked him and shot at him are the ones who should be in court right now.  

Now, to your scenario of the three guys.....  So a gang of three armed thugs is about to corner your wife in an alleyway as she's trying to get to her car.  One of them tries to grab her gun and she shoots him in obvious self-defense.  Are you suggesting that the remaining two are now legally allowed to shoot her in self defense because she shot first?  KR didn't even shoot first in this event.  The mere act of those three attacking first removes any sort of victim status from them.  THEY are the assailants and lose all claim of self defense.  I'm honestly not making this up.
The fact is: That rifle is called and classified as an "Assault rifle". Not a "Defense rifle". It was not created to defend. It was created to assault, or attack.

There are defense weapons, but that is not one of them.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I believe the car lot owners are claiming no permission because they don’t want to get sued for inviting. Armed militia onto their property.  
+1000

Even if Rittenhouse isn't criminally convicted, there is almost a certainty that  civil suits will fly.  How and where did he get the gun?  Did his parents know?  Gun shop owner or seller of the gun?  For every four hamburgers Kyle flips the rest of his life, he'll likely only get paid for two.

jzk

Super Anarchist
The fact is: That rifle is called and classified as an "Assault rifle". Not a "Defense rifle". It was not created to defend. It was created to assault, or attack.

That has to be some of the dumbest shit I have read on this forum.  

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
And as I've pointed out several times now... when you're holding a weapons with several hundred yards range, running away across the street, or a few blocks, is irrelevant. You are a deadly threat.

Now, if Kyle had stabbed somebody, then running away would absolutely remove him as a threat.

So far the only thing that gives him even a shred of self-defense cover is Rosenbaum threatening verbally to kill him.

- DSK
Don’t forget shots had been fired. No one knew if it was Kyle. Could he have been an active shooter? What would you do if you think you see an active shooter run by?

Ishmael

Granfallooner
Fuctifino
+1000

Even if Rittenhouse isn't criminally convicted, there is almost a certainty that  civil suits will fly.  How and where did he get the gun?  Did his parents know?  Gun shop owner or seller of the gun?  For every four hamburgers Kyle flips the rest of his life, he'll likely only get paid for two.
His best bet is to get into a witless protection program.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
OFFS, that's the most assinine argument I've heard here yet.  My house in my subdivision is within easy rifle range of at LEAST 50-100 houses.  So when I'm carrying my rifle to my car to go to the range, anyone there in the neighborhood should be able to shoot me dead in "self-defense" because they are within range???  

My shooting range is within rifle range of nearby homes, heavy car traffic and bicyclists who use the nearby road.  We are in plain view of the road and neighborhood and people can easily see us handling, carrying and shooting rifles from our elevated perch.  Are we legal targets because someone who sees us with a gun feels threatened?  Really????

View attachment 471987
If you are walking out of a mall shortly after shots are fired? Bet it doesn’t go well for you.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
+1000

Naw he doesn’t have the proverbial pot to piss in.  There already are law suits filed against the city and police force.  The deep pocket sources I expect the guys that own 4 or 5 dealerships would fall into that category.  Their testimony was comical.  Neither one claimed to work there but both were called by the police as owners.  The one claimed he was the inventory manager, but had no clue how many cars were lost. or their value. 

jzk

Super Anarchist
Don’t forget shots had been fired. No one knew if it was Kyle. Could he have been an active shooter? What would you do if you think you see an active shooter run by?
What does this have to do with his claim of self defense?

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert

The term assault rifle used in the context of an AR-15 is an invented term as applied to those weapons.  Words have specific meanings and the left is using that term incorrectly.  

But Please..... show me what a "Defense Weapon" looks like, so I can toe the party line correctly.  

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
The term assault rifle used in the context of an AR-15 is an invented term as applied to those weapons.  Words have specific meanings and the left is using that term incorrectly.  

But Please..... show me what a "Defense Weapon" looks like, so I can toe the party line correctly.  
when the 2nd amend was written

ancient-musket-gun-isolated-on-260nw-1861896016.jpg

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River

There are dozens of defense weapons that are not fire arms. Pepper spray, stun guns, pocket knives, expanding batons, high intensity lights/ sirens.....

The AR-15 is categorized as an assault weapon. It's not a hunting rifle, it's not a target rifle, it's not a home defense weapon. It was created to kill humans, not deer, not squirrels, not geese. Humans.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
I think KR would strongly disagree with that as he was on his back in the street as three cunts were trying to take his gun away and were shooting at him.
That's what happens when you threaten people with a gun. They defend themselves by doing whatever is possible to get the gun away from you.

- DSK

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
If KR hadn't acted aggressively (crossing state lines with an assault rifle to engage protesters directly) he would never have been put in the position that he claims that he felt himself to be in. IE: self defense.

If you go in to a bar full of nazi skin heads and start chanting that black is beautiful, and Hitler was a faggot, you're going to get yourself into a self defense position.... Go to a BLM /support George Floyd rally with an assault rife, and start aiming it at people, someone's gonna push back.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
That's what happens when you threaten people with a gun. They defend themselves by doing whatever is possible to get the gun away from you.

- DSK
Steam Liar strikes again.  Show where he threatened anyone with his gun.  The video shows the entire time until he was attacked that he kept the muzzle down, finger off the trigger, never pointed it at a single person until attacked.  You were supposedly in the military, I assume they even taught tin can squids to handle weapons.  When you "threaten" someone, muzzle is up and on target.  When you are not actively threatening someone, muzzle is either down or up so as not to "sweep or cover" something that is not yet a target.  Or did they not teach that at squid school?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Steam Liar strikes again.  Show where he threatened anyone with his gun.  The video shows the entire time until he was attacked that he kept the muzzle down, finger off the trigger, never pointed it at a single person until attacked.  You were supposedly in the military, I assume they even taught tin can squids to handle weapons.  When you "threaten" someone, muzzle is up and on target.  When you are not actively threatening someone, muzzle is either down or up so as not to "sweep or cover" something that is not yet a target.  Or did they not teach that at squid school?
He was leaving an area where folks had heard shots fired. 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
You too huh?  Who did he aim the rifle at before he was attacked?  Give me a time stamp on the video.  
They still are claiming he crossed the state line with the rifle.  It’s like they are stuck on these false facts and nothing will change there view.