Kyle Rittenhouse trial

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
As he should based on the evidence presented so far. 

only because the law is fucked up. But that's what the jury has to play with. Unless they invoke Tom's nullification, but not sure that can be used to punish someone, only can be used to not-punish.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
only because the law is fucked up. But that's what the jury has to play with. Unless they invoke Tom's nullification, but not sure that can be used to punish someone, only can be used to not-punish.
How is the law fucked up?   Should he simply have dropped the gun and let the mob beat him to death?  

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
So the car lot employees and the one armed guy (a real EMT?) are all lying.  Rittenhouse is the poor, poor golden child. But no one has been held in contempt or charged with perjury.  Seems reasonable.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
How is the law fucked up?   Should he simply have dropped the gun and let the mob beat him to death?  
If I was writing the law, you bring a gun, that you shouldn't legally carry, after curfew, to a place where there is mayhem expected? No self defense for you. The decisions that lead to his needing to kill others to stay safe should negate his right to self defense. 

Now, that's not wisconsin's law. For some reason, they let an attacker use lethal force IF the tables are turned on the attacker. Likely an unintended consequence, but a consequence nonetheless.

jzk

Super Anarchist
If I was writing the law, you bring a gun, that you shouldn't legally carry, after curfew, to a place where there is mayhem expected? No self defense for you. The decisions that lead to his needing to kill others to stay safe should negate his right to self defense. 

Now, that's not wisconsin's law. For some reason, they let an attacker use lethal force IF the tables are turned on the attacker. Likely an unintended consequence, but a consequence nonetheless.
I wonder why you aren't writing the laws.

jzk

Super Anarchist
The pathologist is making the Defense's case.  Why even call him if you are the state?

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
The pathologist is making the Defense's case.  Why even call him if you are the state?
They had to.  There goes the shot in the back theory.   First two from front second two as he is falling forward while lunging for defendant.  

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
I wonder why you aren't writing the laws.
Many reasons why I am not. So, why do you think someone who is breaking laws should be entitled to self defense?

Now, realize that the one-armed bandit was ALSO breaking the law. He should be facing at least some of the charges Kyle is facing. But they can’t, as his breaking the law doesn’t impinge his right to self defense. Well, and he wasn’t successful in killing someone.

solosailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
He was retreating 
More twisted logic.   Has was retreating only because he inserted himself into a volatile situation with an illegally possessed assault rifle making it a violent situation.   He had NO reason to be there except to look for and cause trouble.   He was not defending property by going all over the area and not providing, nor could, medical care.

jzk

Super Anarchist
Many reasons why I am not. So, why do you think someone who is breaking laws should be entitled to self defense?

Now, realize that the one-armed bandit was ALSO breaking the law. He should be facing at least some of the charges Kyle is facing. But they can’t, as his breaking the law doesn’t impinge his right to self defense. Well, and he wasn’t successful in killing someone.
So if someone is breaking the law, we can just chase them down and execute them?

Yeah, I can't imagine why you aren't writing the laws.

Just to stir the pot a bit: If someone is breaking the law in Illinois and a civilian has probable cause to suspect them, the civilian can effect a citizen's arrest.

A bit like Arbery? You know, just around the edges?

Why Illinois 
Because I'm not following the trial as closely as some, and don't even know the correct jurisdiction?

63741194.jpg

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Because I'm not following the trial as closely as some, and don't even know the correct jurisdiction?

No problem.  One point which I just learned in testimony.  The defendant actually spoke to the guy he shot moments before.  As he was running by Gaige yelled “what happened “

Defendant replied that he was going to the police.   He was running towards police.   So if bicep boy  didn’t know what happened and if the guy running by said he is GOING to the police.   Why pull your gun and chase him down.   Maybe follow to see if he follows through, but clearly Kyle’s  intent was to surrender to the police.  That’s clear on video.   

jzk

Super Anarchist
No problem.  One point which I just learned in testimony.  The defendant actually spoke to the guy he shot moments before.  As he was running by Gaige yelled “what happened “

Defendant replied that he was going to the police.   He was running towards police.   So if bicep boy  didn’t know what happened and if the guy running by said he is GOING to the police.   Why pull your gun and chase him down.   Maybe follow to see if he follows through, but clearly Kyle’s  intent was to surrender to the police.  That’s clear on video.   
Bicep boy lied about this as well.  He had several different stories about what Kyle said to him.  Hard to imagine what witness prep they did with him as the lies get flushed out and are not even super helpful to him.

Autonomous

Super Anarchist
PNW
Bicep boy claimed to be a vigilante then it came out he didn't know what had transpired? Oops. 

Curious how some accuse KR of being a vigilante yet ignore BB's claim to be one.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Bicep boy claimed to be a vigilante then it came out he didn't know what had transpired? Oops. 

Curious how some accuse KR of being a vigilante yet ignore BB's claim to be one.
Who's ignoring it? Looks like we had 2 vigilantes. Is that hard to believe?