Larry Ellison buys Lanai, Hawaii!

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
Kaumalapau likeliest for expansion, that is an underused side, just very dry.

Having actually BEEN to that tiny harbor on the side of sheer cliff, I have to wonder WHERE you would expand it - ever beenin there with a swell running ? Gnarly. When the barge-crews can handle the surge, you KNOW it's bad.

Best bet would be a man-made breakwater/marina on the Maui side. Not likely though.

tuf-luf

Super Anarchist
Bangrak
Does this mean his dick is smaller than Branson's?
richardbransondenniparkinson.jpg
Oh jeez...not that old chestnut again...damn, that image is such a conundrum.

An equally enviable and highly irritating thing to process.

I just want to slap that fucker...and yet...I would...nah...screw-it - he's a total wanker.

pogen

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
Re:Branson, I guess it's one thing to go kiteboarding with a naked hotty clinging to you, but it's another to make sure you are professionally photographed while doing so.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
If you were kite boarding with a hottie like that clinging to you wouldn't you want someone to take a good picture of it? Hell yes! ha ha

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
If you were kite boarding with a hottie like that clinging to you wouldn't you want someone to take a good picture of it? Hell yes! ha ha
That's my take on it.

People take cell-phone pictures of each other doing stuff that it less interesting by several orders of magnitude and post it all up online -- Fizzlebook, Pizzlinterest, Twizzleter...

page_king_129x192.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruno

Super Anarchist
Kaumalapau likeliest for expansion, that is an underused side, just very dry.

Having actually BEEN to that tiny harbor on the side of sheer cliff, I have to wonder WHERE you would expand it - ever beenin there with a swell running ? Gnarly. When the barge-crews can handle the surge, you KNOW it's bad.

Best bet would be a man-made breakwater/marina on the Maui side. Not likely though.
Agreed, S swell surge and kona systems would be problematic but I don't think permission would be forthcoming today to fill on top of some of the best reef in the state outside Manele. Limited number of slots available, not going to build it in front the beach, much of the reef is fragile kine. But maybe there is another spot which is feasible. They are going to build more anti-surge breakwalls at Kewalos, I hear, maybe so the Devos yachts can visit the Obama library.

ajharger

Boston
1340320600[/url]' post='3760002']
1340315061[/url]' post='3759906']
1340298567[/url]' post='3759579']Kaumalapau likeliest for expansion, that is an underused side, just very dry.

Agreed, S swell surge and kona systems would be problematic but I don't think permission would be forthcoming today to fill on top of some of the best reef in the state outside Manele. Limited number of slots available, not going to build it in front the beach, much of the reef is fragile kine. But maybe there is another spot which is feasible. They are going to build more anti-surge breakwalls at Kewalos, I hear, maybe so the Devos yachts can visit the Obama library.
A vacation spot would be a fitting place to put the Obama library...

Ok, taking my politics elsewhere now...

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
Obama Library will likely be in Chicago. Or Kenya....

Regarding Lanai, can't see L.E. trying to do the 'massive development' thing with anything nearly as high visibility as a marina - and the Manele (south) side would be very bad - most easily developed side would be the east side, the one facing Maui, but the trip there from 'topside' Lanai is a bit grueling.

No, Larry will probably just continue with the existing hotel operations and make them a bit MORE exclusive, while he builds his secret headquarters at an undisclosed location. Perhaps he'll seceed and form his own country ?

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Kind of amazing the lengths some people will go to just to be happy. But I applaud him. I'd be happy with two weeks and 100' of Lanai waterfront. Ok, 150'. But "happy" is very hard to buy.

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
I'm just a little surprised he didn't go for a 'package deal' and take Molokai off the State's hands while he was at it.

BP - you ever get fed up with the cold, you KNOW you always have a (modest) place to call home for a week or 2 on Oahu, in the thriving metropolis of Ka'a'awa - last house on a dead end road that's not paved. Real quiet except for when my Samoan neighbors gather in thier carport for a day-long meal and sing the praises of the Lord. Don't worry - they can carry a tune. It is a fine, joyous noise. I'll even let you borrow the Megabyte.

valis

Super Anarchist
Friday Harbor, WA
Re:Branson, I guess it's one thing to go kiteboarding with a naked hotty clinging to you, but it's another to make sure you are professionally photographed while doing so.
You know, black and white would just capture the moment so nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

pogen

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
You know, black and white would just capture the moment so nicely.
so you'ed prefer to see Richard Branson w a Nekid MC Hammer on his back
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
unsure.gif
blink.gif

troubling
wink.gif

My god, I actually laughed at a Woody joke! :p

Better still: Larry + MC Hammer

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Jeez, the Koch Brothers are spending $500,000,000 to buy the Presidency. Ellison spends $500,000,000 to buy an island.

Who's getting the better deal???

Essex

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Think he checked with Greek govt first ? or maybe just told HI govt he had a great deal on a Greek island ready to close ...

Latest posts